Weekend fun

Chapter 22: Weekend fun

The next day.....

The list for placement in Flitwick's class was posted outside the door. It read...

"Autumn Grindelwald~Female Lead and Soprano vocalist
Neville Longbottom~ Substitute Male Lead for Cedric Diggory and Countertenor vocalist
Maddie Carlyle~ Duet w/ Cedric Diggory and Soprano vocalist

Kaitlyn~Mezzo-soprano vocalist
Caleb~Tenor vocalist
Ebony~ contralto vocalist
Nadine~contralto vocalist."

Kaitlyn was furious at Autumn. Autumn was happy, but sad that Kaitlyn was upset; she never wanted to hurt her feelings. It was something she didn't expect, and something she couldn't change.

Maddie was happy for her and Autumn, but mostly she was happy with herself because she got to work with Cedric.

Neville was so shocked that he couldn't move or speak.

Caleb was glad Maddie got to be something more than being in the background, but she sings with Cedric. It doesn't mean anything right?

I'm probably being paranoid, he thought to himself.

Nadine was also upset. He just hates that I'm different. She thought he only cared about looks, but he wasn't being racist. The fact that he's shorter than most people, was one of the reasons why he's been down that road before, being different than others.....

Ebony didn't mind not getting a solo, because of the fact that she had no confidence in herself and doubted that she was anything special.

Later.....

Considering Oliver Wood was going to teach Harry in the Flying lessons area, Cedric decided to take Maddie to the Quidditch stadium.

"I don't think we're allowed here," Maddie pointed out as they entered.

"We'll be fine. You shouldn't worry," he replied comforting her.

They walked into the middle of the stadium. Both with a broom and wand in hand.

"You ready for this?" Cedric asked looking at Maddie.

"As much as I can be...." she said, shrugging.

"So demonstrate to me how you called your broom."

"What?" Maddie was confused.

"The UP exercise," said Cedric with a chuckle.

"Oh!" Maddie had a sudden realization about the lesson Cedric was referring to.

Maddie stepped on left side of her broomstick and stuck out her right hand over the broom.

Cedric moved farther away from her to give her space.

"Up!" she said to her broom.

"Try again," he said with encouragement.

"Up!" she repeated.

"No, no, no. You're doing it wrong." He came up beside her.

"You're not putting effort into it. You don't simply say Up! You're the boss, you command the broom." He rested his hand on her shoulder.

"Try it again," he said, backing up.

"Up!" exclaimed Maddie.

The broom went wild and flew up in the air. It began to slow speed as it hung in the air. By the time it lost speed, the broom began descending  back down faster. Cedric moved before the broom could hit him. Maddie gasped, placing a hand on her mouth, knowing full well it almost hit Cedric. Her face showed her embarrassment. Cedric grabbed the broom from the ground.