Breakfast before the game

Chapter 33: Breakfast before the game:

The next day......

The students gathered for breakfast before the Quidditch game in the Great Hall.

Maddie ate her breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs, two sausages and mixed fruit with orange juice while reading The Daily Prophet. There wasn't an interesting headline, just normal wizarding world announcements.

"How are you today?" interrupted a familiar voice.

Maddie jumped at the sound, gasping.

"Oh! It's you, Cedric." She replied relieved, holding a hand on her chest to steady her heart.

"Have you been on-edge since last night?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Oh, definitely. Sorry if I startled you."

"Why isn't the troll story in the paper?" Maddie asked as she held the paper.

"The professors don't want the public to worry, because it was handled. They don't need to know. Plus, Dumbledore doesn't like publicity. If heads are pointed towards him, he'll stress under pressure. No one likes paparazzi," noted Cedric.

Maddie knew he was right. If word got out, it would be bad press for the school, she thought to herself.

"How did you sleep?" asked Cedric.

"Not much. I kept thinking the troll would attack the rest of the school."

"Well, you are in luck. Today is the first game of Quidditch. Slytherin vs Gryffindor. You shouldn't worry about anything, even a 12-foot troll attacking the school."

Maddie smiled at his last comment. He's right, I have nothing to worry about, she said to herself.

An owl made a noise. Everyone in the Great Hall looked up and saw a white owl come in with a big wrapped gift, dropping it in front of Harry, Hermione, and Ron. The three friends opened it, revealing it to be the Nimbus 2000 meant for Harry.

"Wow!" gasped Maddie.

"This will be an interesting game," stated Cedric.