Aaaah!

Chapter 32: Aaaah!

The thunder crashing from above only strengthens the frightening illusion. Everyone screamed, even Malfoy. People scattered towards the door. Some pushing each other.

"Silence!" Dumbledore is heard loud and clear throughout the room.

Everyone froze where they stood, looking at Dumbledore.

"Would everyone please, not panic?! Now, prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories. The school is on lockdown," Dumbledore stated in a worried tone to students.

The prefects followed orders and called out their houses.

"Hufflepuff, this way!" said Gabriel Truman.

"Gryffindor, follow me!" ordered Percy Weasley.

"Slytherin!" announced Gemma Farley.

"Ravenclaw!" shouted Jennifer Beauvant.

The students disperse and join their prefects.

Jennifer searches the crowd. "Where's Ebony?" She asked her siblings.

They shrug in reply.

"Ebony!" Jennifer called out when she finally catches a glimpse of the copper hair from the stream of students.

Ebony tried to reach her House but she was too far away and couldn't see them. She began to panic. Out of nowhere, Tobias grabbed her clammy hand, leading her to the Ravenclaw prefect, her platinum blonde hair shining in the torchlight.

"Come with me," Jennifer said to her house before turning to Tobias.

"Thank you," she replied to Tobias, "Go. Join your house."

Tobias nodded and waved to Ebony before disappearing into the crowd.

The students from their respective houses walked toward their own dormitories following one prefect as another trailed in the back. Students begin streaming out of the Great Hall and toward their dormitories.

Meanwhile....

Hufflepuff followed their prefect into the entrance to the Hufflepuff corridor near the kitchens. Gabriel Truman tapped the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff'. They entered the common room and headed straight to their rooms. Maddie and Susan went into their room and locked the door. They became quiet, hoping this night would be over soon.

Maddie peered at her glass of water beside her bed. She began craving a drink of it. Just as she was about to grab it, the water inside rumbled. A few seconds later, the water level moved again. It was small but big enough to ensure Maddie that something big was walking through the halls of Hogwarts. She looked at Susan. She was under her sheets in fright. Maddie realized that Susan must have seen the water shake because she wasn't there when Maddie looked at her previously. She wished her sister was with her in this moment or at least her brother. She watched in fear as the water shaked again, growing each time.

Meanwhile.....

The Slytherin entered the hallway leading to the Slytherin entrance. It was under the Black lake, found in the dungeons of Hogwarts. Prefect Gemma Farley spoke the password, 'Pure-blood' in front of a stretch of damp stone wall. A concealed stone door slides open leaving a gap in the wall towards the Slytherin common room.

Slytherin entered the common room behind Gemma Farley. They dispersed into their rooms or the common room. Caleb and Arlen decided to stay together in the common room. Arlen's friends joined him on the couch. There was silence for a few minutes, which was interrupted by a voice.