Leaving Hogwarts

Chapter 45: Leaving Hogwarts

"C'mon now hurry up! Train is leaving. Don't want to be late," said Hagrid.

People started to board the train carts if they haven't already.

Ebony, now closer to the Beauvant family, softly hugged them goodbye. They don't seem to be getting on the train. They have their belongings packed, but were not boarding.

"Why aren't you getting on?" Ebony asked, slightly confused.

"We have another form of transportation," Jennifer answered with a smirk, causing the siblings to chuckle and nod in agreement.

"Like what? A flying car?" Ebony joked.

"Somewhat," Lucy replied quietly with a twinkle in her eye.

The siblings waved farewell before stepping off the platform.

Tristen stopped for a moment and called out to Ebony. "Someone's trying to get your attention. Just thought you should know," she shouted to Ebony.

She waved goodbye and caught up to her siblings. They walked back toward the Hogwarts castle.

Ebony turned around to see Tobias waving at her. She walked over to him as he jokingly held up his arms in defense.

"That was one time!" Ebony exclaimed.

"You hexed me. It was a good hex," Tobias explained, smiling.

"That was for the 'bewitching' pun you made." She smiled slightly.

"Alright. Fair's fair, we're even. But now that I know what you're capable of, don't think I won't go easy on you." He winked at her.

"Fine," Ebony sighed.

As she turned to head onboard, Tobias tapped her on the shoulder.

"Sit with me?"

"Um, what about your friends?"

"They want to sit with the Quidditch players."

"Then, I'll take up the offer." Ebony smiled, her face a faint shade of pink.

"Just don't hex me."

"I won't."

Maddie, Kaitlyn, and Autumn watched from a distance, squealing with delight as a more typical preteen would. Kaitlyn and Autumn headed inside as Maddie waited for Cedric.

Meanwhile....

After checking to see if they were being followed, the siblings disappeared into the forest.

Maddie took Cedric's hand as they boarded the train. They slipped into a cart with Kaitlyn and Autumn who were waiting. Ebony and Tobias squeezed into the same cart. Caleb and Blake were about to join but seeing as there was no room in their cart, they sat with Arlen and his friends.

A song played in the background: Leaving Hogwarts by John Williams.

The train began to blow it's horn and whistled. The students waved to Hagrid as the train lurched forward and began to depart.

"I can't wait until next year," said Kaitlyn.

"We'll be second years," stated Tobias with glee.

"Not only that, but we'll get to return to the most amazing place," responded Autumn.

"True, I'll miss you all. Make sure you write over the summer," said Ebony.

"Definitely. This is just a random thought but, do you think we'll remember school 10 years after we graduate?" asked Maddie.

"Highly unlikely," answered Kaitlyn, "I can't even remember what I did two years ago."

Author's Narration:
"We didn't remember everything about Hogwarts but we didn't forget the most important details."

"No matter what happens next year, we'll promise to stick together, right?" asked Tobias.

They all nodded.

"I just can't wait until my fourth year. It's going to be amazing," said Cedric looking at a blushing Maddie.

Hogwarts began appearing smaller and smaller in the distance.

Author's Narration:
"Hey! We just ended our first year at Hogwarts. Who's to say, next year won't be as fun?"