Chapter 2: New home

"Where the heck am I?" You thought.

You lay there for a couple more minutes and observe your surroundings. There were beautiful, lush trees everywhere. Wildlife everywhere you looked, they gave no thought of you as they went about their lives. You look up to the beautiful blue sky as white fluffy looking wisps of clouds floated about without a care in the world as you listened to the birds chirp happily.

You wanted to freak out; truly, you really did. Although, you knew that if you didn't approach the situation with a level head, you'd get nowhere. After all, how did you get from your comfy bed to this beautiful forest? Were you kidnapped? But then, for what reason? It wouldn't make sense for some  random dude to somehow sneak into your room and then leave you out the middle of nowhere.

You looked around once more, the wildlife of the surrounding area calming you. Hopefully, where ever you are, civilization would be near by.

Deciding that it wouldn't help much if you stay there on your bum all day and did nothing, you shift your position, preparing yourself to stand up before walking aimlessly through the forest.

It didn't take long for you to come across a giant green doors with the kanji あん painted in red on it. Once seeing this, your face lit up as you instantly recognized your once unknown location.

"This can't be." You said.

"This is a dream." You reasoned

"OW!" You yelped when you pinched yourself just to make sure you weren't hallucinating.

"But how?" You questioned yourself when the village gates still stood.

Now that you had all that out of your system and stopped questioning why, you decided to go with the flow and enter, seeing that you seriously had nowhere else to go, and not much to lose. As you walked in, you were stopped by two guards.

"You! Identify yourself." One said.

"State your business here." The other demanded

You panicked a bit on the inside, although nothing about you had changed on the outside. You didn't want to do or say anything to alarm them, or have them be anymore weary of you then the already, probably, are. In conclusion, opening your mouth, you said what felt like the most natural thing to say.

"Butter waffles."

"What?"

"Come again?"

"Uh.. My apologies. What I meant to say was, I am here to speak to your Hokage. I wish to ask them for permission to stay in your village." You almost stuttered out.

They looked at you like you were crazy, but none-the-less, went along with your statement.

A couple minutes of explaining later

"I see." The Hokage said in a contemplative manner. He paused to think for a moment, trying to figure out what to do with the situation.

'This girl is quite the peculiar one. She doesn't seem as if she could do much harm, but at the same time we don't know too much about her. I suppose it would be best if I kept her close to make sure that she is as harmless as she look. Who knows, she might turn out to be a promising ally.'

"Alright, then it is settled."

His sudden words made you stiff with anticipation. 'What was he going to do?' You wondered. 'Can I stay here? Is he going to kill me? Will I become a ninja? I hope I can become a ninja.'

"Until further notice, you will be a citizen of Konoha and a student of our ninja academy."

Your eyes widened a bit. 'Was this really happening?'

"Here is where you will be staying." He quickly scribbled something down on a piece of paper and handed it to me. "I'll have you start school right away so you can get accustomed with our ways and teachings faster. "

"[Y-Yes Sir!] I-I-I mean Hokage- sama!" You stuttered out excitedly. Quickly, you straightened your poster and ducked a bow, squeezing your eyes shut as you smile. "Thank you!"

You relaxed a bit when you heard a chuckle come from his direction."No need to be so nervous dear, really. I'm only doing my job."

Letting out a breath you didn't know you were holding, you let your face soften into a smile.

"Now..." You looked up curiously at the sound of shuffling before seeing him rise from behind his desk. "Why don't I take you to the academy so you could get acquainted with your new life style faster?"

'W-wait, you're taking me there yourself?' You mentally ask. You wanted to face palm at the fact that you didn't say it aloud. 'He can't read minds.' You thought grimly.

"Come. Follow me." His voice made it sound almost as if he was requesting it, but everything else alerted you that it was a demand that you would have no intentions of disobeying. You find it easier to recognize these things do to how your father was when you was still around.

'I wonder how everyone's doing with my absence...'

"Wait right here."

You blink and look around.

'We're here already? How long was I zoning out for?'

Watching as the Hokage had disappeared behind the wooden slide door, you began to fiddle with your fingers, occasionally letting your eyes wonder.

"You may come in now."

"Yes, sir." came your soft response as you braced yourself and stepped into the classroom. Once you were successfully besides the teacher's desk, the Hokage smiled and took his leave.

After a while of speaking to what looked like the teacher of the class, the Hokage finally waved his hand in a 'come here motion'. Taking that as the signal, you walked in elegantly and stood at the very front of your class as the teacher started to speak.

"Okay class, starting today we will be having a new student." He then turns to you before speaking again. "Please introduce yourself."

You nod then speak. "He-llo, my name is (y/n) and it is a p-pleasure to be here. I hope that we c-can all get along nicely." After your little introduction, you give a cute little bow. The Hokage, accepting of your introduction, dismissed himself from the classroom and back to his office. 

The teacher then nods in approval and tells you to sit in the empty seat next to a boy with gravity defying, silvery white hair.

Once again, your eyes lit up as you recognized the boy as Kakashi Hatake. You inwardly fan-girl but put on an emotionless face. Not wanting to distract him or have him judge you as weird, you quietly walk over to your destined seat and began to pay close attention to what the teacher was saying/teaching.

The hours just seems to just pass by as you learned about how to access your chakra and what nots. Going with the flow, you grabbed a random piece of paper that no one was using and took notes.

When class was finally over you decided that you would like to make friends with the silverette. Although you didn't know how to so you decided that you should impress him a little with your skills...Skills you didn't have, of course.

You frowned slightly when you realized that you would have to go through some vigorous  training if you wanted to impress such a talented ninja. Although, you would have to train hard in general if you wanted to become a ninja, so that's exactly what you were going to do. Not bothering to check in at your new home, you headed straight for the training grounds.