Chaptet 7: Love?

(Rin's P.O.V.) You weren't expecting that now were you?

I was walking to the academy on a fresh spring morning. I could smell the fragrance of the beautifully bright flowers. As I observed the scenery, I saw Kakashi. My eyes lit up and a smile adorned my face as I saw the young silverette, until I noticed that he was waiting for something, or rather someone.

'Who could he be waiting for?' I thought to myself.

All my questions were answered when none other then (Y/n) walked out of the building. I watched in silence as they began to head in the direction of the academy.

At first I was going to catch up and walk with them, until some random thoughts popped up in my head.

'Why did they walk out of the same house together?'

'Why do they also walk home together everyday?'

'Why is it that she seems closer to Kakashi then I am?'

'Do they live together?'

'Are they dating?'

The last two questions made me feel a weird feeling. It could be sadness, jealousy, anger, or envy. Maybe even all in one. I tried to shake off all the thoughts as I rushed to school.

~~~⏰✨💫Time Skip💫✨⏰~~~

I sit down at the back of class and stare out the window deep in thought.

"Hey Rin, are you okay?"

I look over my shoulder to see a worried Obito.

"Yeah I'm okay." I answered, nodding my head.

He gave me a doubtful look so I flashed him a bright smile. He blushed a bit and looked away as the teacher walked in. The teacher started going on about something but I wasn't paying much attention.

"Okay class, follow me outside where we will start practicing." Noboyuki-sensei said.

At this my ears shot up as I immediately followed Noboyuki-sensei's directions. He led us to an open area near the school and asked us to get in a group of two. As he said that my eyes searched the field quickly and spotted (Y/n) walking over to Kakashi.

'This is my chance!' I thought to myself. I ran to (Y/n) and grabbed her hand before she could reach my beloved Kakashi. Just as I did that Obito grabbed Kakashi by the arm.

"Alright. Now that everybody has a partner you can begin sparring.

[(Y/n)'s P.O.V.]

I was just about to ask Kakashi to be my sparring partner when someone came up to me and grabbed my hand. I looked to the person slightly annoyed but then softened my facial features when I saw it was just Rin. My normal expression became that of a confused one when I saw that she was not looking at me but someone else.

"Okay class, follow me outside where we will start practicing." I heard Noboyuki-sensei say.

I looked at Rin and took a couple steps back before she stopped me by asking a question.

"I'm sorry, what exact are we supposed to be doing? "She asked with an apologetic smile.

I shook my head at her question but answered her anyways. "We are s-supposed to be showing off o-our ninjutsu and taijutsu in a l-little practice b-battle, letting us both see some of our w-weaknesses and strength so we can i-improve them." I explained.

She nodded and took a couple steps back. "Thank you." She said as we both bowed and took our stances.

She came full speed at me. I quickly stepped to the side, effectively dodging her attack, and stuck my right foot out. She tripped over it but regained her balance turning for a high roundhouse kick to my face.I ducked before it could connect with my skin.