Chapter 8: So... It's a date?

[Kakashi's P

[Kakashi's P.O.V.]

I fear that after my return to the academy, I've lost control of my emotions. I have a feeling it's linked to (y/n) somehow. At first my feelings towards her was neutral. Slowly, I became agitated with her existence. She was weak in comparison to most, she stuttered a lot, and she was basically everywhere. I could only wish that this mission to observe her could end soon so I could go back to more interesting missions.

Now, I can see that she is hard working, bearable, dependable, and well, doesn't get on my nerves as much. Sure she has her flaws here and there, but everyone does, right? That's not the point though. For some reason, I've been noticing that my feelings has been kind of weird around her lately. I somehow feel lonely when she's not around, and I get easily agitated when other guys talk to her. My heart beats faster at her most simplest of actions and these weird thoughts keep popping up in my head. She just won't leave my mind.

Whatever is up with this feeling, I hope it's not what I think it is. Which is exactly why I went to ask father.

"Hey! Father!" I call out to my father.

He turns his head, humming lightly as he focuses his gaze on me. I tell him all the weird feelings I have when I'm around (Y/n) and he nods his head in acknowledgement with every sentence I say.

"So, do you know why this keeps happening?" I ask him waiting for an answer.

He chuckles a bit and nods again. "I believe you have a crush on (y/n), and this feeling that you get when she's around other boys is called jealousy." He explains to me.

My eyes widen at this new information. 'A crush on her, of all people? Well.. I guess I can see that...' I shook off the idea, still finding it a bit hard to believe. I sat in silence trying to reason with myself. I look up when I hear another soft chuckle. As my eyes wonder upwards to the older silverette, I see two golden shiny tickets.

"Here, you can invite her to eat out at this new restaurant." Sakumo says.

I take the tickets and thank him. As I exit the apartment I go to (y/n)'s apartment door. I knock on it once, then twice, and and then a third time.

Moments later, I hear footsteps and a the lock clicking. I watch as the door opens, revealing a red haired lady.

"Ah, Kakashi." Kushina greeted me. "What brings you here? Is it perhaps, (Y/n)?"

"Yeah. Is she home?"

"No, she went out to the training grou-"

"Training grounds. Got it." I interrupt her before running off to the said place, ignoring all the commotion I heard behind me.

💫✨⏰Time skip⏰✨💫

I finally got to the training area and just as I expected, there she was. She seemed to be deep in thought.