Chapter 4: The discovery

the video has nothing to do with the story, but the gif does

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I stir around a bit, relishing the warmth of my own bed. Even though my eyes were closed, I could tell it was day by the way the light hit my lidded eyes.

'Ah~ Morning already?' I slowly get into a sitting position before rubbing some the sleep out of my eyes.

"That dream was absolutely beautiful~" I lightly gush. My eyes still closed, I flip my legs over the bedside. "Somehow ending up in the world of Shinobi, then managing to get an approval on living there. Not to mention meeting Kakashi, then training with Gai till I drop. Oh~ It's been awhile since I had a dream like that~" I began to stretch before leaning forward, heaving a sigh. "Oh well, dreams over I guess." I try to stand up but I'm instantly seated due to my legs feeling overly sore. "What the?" As the force of being suddenly pulled back onto my bed made my eyes open wide, I looked back at my legs. For some reason, they were covered in dirt and bruises. 'Odd.'

That's when realization hit me. 'Wait! This isn't my bed.' Eyes wide, I stare down at the dark blue couch I had somehow been resting on. Glancing wildly around the room, I could see that this wasn't even my house. That's when my eyes landed upon the window.

'Not my neighborhood.'

I quickly got on my knees and started searching in a blind panic. 'Where is it? Where is it!? Ah-ha! Here!' I grabbed my phone from my jacket pocket and open up the contacts. Upon seeing it, I called my older brother's number.

First ring, straight to voicemail. '

'Ok, ok!'

Shaking that off, I went to my father's number, then my mother's; all of which went straight to voicemail.

'What in hell! Is my phone off or something?!'

At the sheer thought, I was brought to my last and final option; 911. Their number works even when your phone doesn't, right? 'Only one way to find out.' Quickly, I switched over to 'phone' and dialled the number.

It rang once, it rang twice. My eyes began to glimmer with hope: that was until it went straight to voicemail on the third ring. One part of me wanted to gaze in confusion that they even had a voicemail, the other part wanting to cry.

'I've been kidnapped and I don't even have so much as the ability to alert someone about it? Of all times-' My thought ended abruptly at the sound of footsteps steadily approaching. My instincts kicked into hyperdrive as my numb legs began to move on their own, allowing me to silently hide behind the first thing I could find. Sadly enough, the room of which I was in did not have things like that, so I had to settle for the couch.

The footsteps drew closer to my hiding spot, making my heart pound erratically in my chest.

'Guess she's awake...' A voice whispers boredly. The voice sounded like that of a child. Of what gender; I do not know as of yet.