Chapter 5: Charge

It was a cool, cloudy morning. The sun had just barely peaked over the clouds, keeping all of its warmth to itself for the day. The sky itself was a dark shade of blue, purple, and orange as birds flew carelessly from tree to tree.

"Too early..."

I lay still in bed, staring blankly at a wall. My sleepless (e/c) eyes effortlessly wander over to the small bag besides my bed. I make the slightest effort to reach my hand inside and blindly search its contents. Finding what I was looking for, I pull it out and place it over my head.

I press the power button and wait for it to turn on, but nothing happened. I hold it down this time and it begins to glow.

I snorted softly in victory before squinting my eyes and frowning. On the screen, it displayed an empty battery before going dark once again.

Stretching with the phone in my hand, I roll off the bed and catch myself from hitting the floor as hard as I was about to.

Placing the phone on the floor, I searched my phone for a charger. Ten minutes had past and I had found nothing. It wasn't even in the room.

I growled at the sudden realization that I only had my phone and nothing else. What good is a phone if its dead?

Glancing back at the window, I sighs and decided to get ready for school.

Time Skip-

Brought to you by; Asuna

After doing my daily routine, I go to the kitchen to start making breakfast. As I had entered, although, I saw that Kushina had already beat me to it.

It didn't take me long for my memory to refresh itself upon yesterday's occurrence. Upon Kakashi finding out we were neighbors, we also found out that my temporary guardians were none other than Kushina, and Minato themselves. It was that same day that, after seeing just how terrifying Kushina could be when she's angry, that I vowed to never anger her as I did that night.

Thank god Minato was there to calm her.

"Good morning, Kushina. Need help?"

Understanding my intentions, she smiled at me while waving a spatula happily in her hand. "Of course! Can I trust you in making the eggs?

"Mm!"

Washing my hands and tying my hair back, I got the eggs from out of the fridge and got to work. I could feel a pair of eyes on me the whole time I worked, but I paid it no mind. Adding the last bit of seasoning as I fried and scrambled the eggs, I turn the stove off.

"That's an interesting way to make eggs..." Kushina comments, finding my ingredients weird.

"Its really good. Promise. " I assure her. She puts down her wooden ladle and walks over to me, picking up one if the clumps of eggs and pops it in her mouth.

Once it hits her tongue, her mouth waters a bit, and she closes it. Chewing and swallowing, she smiles in delight, a small blush spreading to her cheeks. "(Y/n)! This is amazing, ya know!" She gushes as she reaches for another one.

I pick up the bowl and move it out of her reach. "You g-gotta save some for Minato-san, a-and I too..." I pout.

She scratches the nape of her neck sheepishly before smiling. "I'm sorry, its just so good, ya know?" She grins at me, making me giggle.

"Thanks..."

She smelling something sizzling, she turns back to her own dish and let's out a short cry of shock. In an instant, she turns off the stove and sighs.