Bonus chapter: The other side

Opening her eyes and looking around the dark room, the (h/c)-ette blinked

Opening her eyes and looking around the dark room, the (h/c)-ette blinked. She looked around the familiar room, eyes landing upon her alarm clock.

"11:59 p.m." It read.

Looking down at her side, she found her electronics and stuff just as she had left it the night she had appeared there.

'Was it all a dream?' She thought to herself. Now looking at her reflection, she was given an answer.

Her normal (e/c) eyes had shone a bright yellow and her cat ears and tail sagged lazily in there designated spots. Shifting a bit more to get a better look at herself, she found that she was still wearing the outfit she had wore the same day she left.

"Guess not." She thought out loud.

She gave herself a quick pout down and found her ninja pouch and holster. Removing it from her belt and leg, she took it into her hands and held it up to examine it. To her, the items she held in her hand, and the state she found herself in was living proof that her time spent in that place was no dream. She smiled to herself a bit before setting the items on her desk and picking up her phone. Turning on the device, she read the first thing she had seen out loud.

"12:02 a.m. Sunday, (date)/(month)/(year)."

She lingered on the lock screen for a while before unlocking it and going to the home screen. Instantly, she was met with a picture of herself and Kakashi. Kakashi was facing away from the screen while you was looking directly at it. Your eyes were closed into a closed eye smile as Kakashi seemed to be focused on something off in the distance. A mini flash back went through her as her eyes glazed over for a split second.

"This was from that day that I was helping Rin punish the boys. Kakashi was walking me home when I took this." She whispered to no one in particular.

Opening up her photo gallery, she went through all of the other pictures she had took when she was in the shinobi world. As she did so, only one word came to mind.

"Kakashi..."

Silent tears began to fall down and glide delicately across her masked cheeks. A sudden wave of grief overcame her as one wish came to mind. The wish to be back by the side of her companion. Her best friend, her everlasting crush and love of her life. Now that she had gotten the chance to spend time with him and get to know him more, she couldn't deny the fact that she loves him. Upon seeing that she had left him behind and lost her chance, she felt empty. The emptiness that was soon filled with sadness and regret.

How could she had let such an opportunity slip past her like that? Even if he didn't return her feelings, at least she could've spent the rest of her life by his side. She would've been happy with just that. Of course, it would've been painful, but at least it was bearable.