Chapter 19: Dango and Dreams of the Past

You were now sitting in the comfort of your living room with Kakashi

You were now sitting in the comfort of your living room with Kakashi. He came over again to help you learn more Japanese. The thing is, you knew how to speak it, otherwise it would be hard to communicate with everyone here, but writing was a whole different ball game. Kakashi noticing this, would help you with your studies every once-in-a-while. You were getting to the point where you could write sentences now and recognize kanji's, but mostly just the basics.

"Alright, you seem to get that all down, so let's move on to the next one."

"Hai, Kakashi-sensei!" You say enthusiastically with a cheeky closed eye smile.

"I t-told you not to c-call me that!" He blushed out of embarrassment.

"Yeah, yeah. What ever you say..."

"Like I was saying. This is the kanji for grand." He says as he begins to draw the kanji to let you see it.

You simply nod and mimic his his actions.

"And this is the kanji for sky."

You nod twice in understanding as you begin to draw it.

"You know, you've been learning all of this pretty quickly during the weeks that I've been tutoring you."

"Mmhmm. Back where I was from, I was told that I am a very quick learner." You say proudly.

"I can see why..." Kakashi continued. "That reminds me." He pulled out a book from his bag. "I meant to give this to you earlier."

"What is this?" You say as you tilt your head to the side in confusion.

"It's a Japanese writing book I use to use when I was learning how to write all those years ago. I figured that you need it more than I now." e says as he hands it to you."

"Thank you very much." You say as you attempt to bow.

"If you manage to complete it, I might give you a reward."

"Really?"

"Sure."

"I already have one picked out!"

"What would that be?"

"Seeing your face."

"Not gonna happen. Besides, I could say the same thing." He says in a bored tone as he eyes your mask.

"It was worth a try..." You say as you sagged to one side in disappointment.

Kakashi shrugged and shook his head at your behavior. "But I could take you out for some dango."

Your eyes lit up as your depressed aura turned into that of a sparkling happy one. "Weally?"

He was taken back by your sudden childlike manner. "Y-yeah..."

At his answer you immediately began to work on the little book he gave you. "I'll get this done before this months end. Better yet, before the second week!" You exclaim as you began to trace some of the kanji's, then you went on to the practice sentences. "Wait! Kakashi?"