His Idea

"uh hey, babe." josh says awkwardly, knowing only moments ago he was balls deep in a guy he'd only known for 3 days, "i thought you were coming back on wednesday?"

"i was but we got released early! i wanted to surprise you." debby explains, dropping her suitcase by the armoire.

"well it's a.. a nice surprise." josh tells his girlfriend of 2 years, straining on the word nice.

"i missed you so much though, joshie." debby says walking over to where josh was. "did you miss me?"

debby bites her lip and trails her hand over josh's chest.

"debby," josh grabs her hand, stopping her movements, "i'm not really in the mood tonight, sorry."

"oh. okay well tomorrow?" she pouts, her bottom lip sticking out before moving back from josh.

"uh- yeah sure." josh says, uncomfortable with tyler in the bathroom.

"well theres still some luggage down in the car. help me?"

"i'll be down in a second."

"okay. i love you." debby exclaims, stretching out the you.

"love you, too." josh tells her.

debby walks down the stairs and as soon as the front door closes, the bathroom door opens.

"you have a fucking girlfriend." tyler seethes through clenched teeth, "yet you've fucked me twice in 3 days."

"tyler, i-" josh starts but tyler cuts him off.

"where the fuck are my clothes?"

"under the bed." josh informs.

tyler pulls on his pants and shirt and says, "well thanks for these two nights. getting fucked by a hetero was great while it lasted."

"tyler, let me ex-"

"let you," tyler pulls on the top of his hair, hard. "let you fucking explain? what is there to explain? you're cheating on your girlfriend with a slut like me. you were willing to pay me. did i explain it well enough for you?"

josh sighs and doesn't answer.

"well you don't have to worry. i won't ruin your life. i wont say anything to the press, and i'll leave through the back door. debby," tyler strains on debbys name, "doesn't have to know i even exist. that's what you want, right? i'll do it."

tyler walks out the door and says, "bye, josh." before walking out and josh hears the backdoor shut.

josh falls onto his bed and pulls the hair on his neck.

he's so dumb.

♣♣

tyler sits at home, blanket over his legs and lower stomach, watching 'bridget jones diary'.p

call him a gay cliche but he loves romantic comedies.

a knock comes at the door and tyler pauses the movie, getting up to open up the door.

his best friend, ryan, is standing on the other side of the door.

"hey, tyler. i brought pizza."

"ryan it's like 11pm." tyler says, but lets him in anyways.

ryan looks at tyler and says, "never too late for pizza."

"okay well that's true bu-"

"oh my god, whats wrong?"

"what do you mean?" tylers asks his best friend.

"you only watch bridget jones diary when you're sad." ryan says, gesturing to the TV.

okay maybe tyler didnt love romantic comedies. they were his get away when he felt overwhelmed.

"why can't i watch a movie without it meaning something?" tyler rolls his eyes and grabs a slice of pizza, sitting back down on the couch.

"i don't know, maybe because i've known you since freshmen year and i know you and how you react to certain feelings?" ryan states the obvious and tyler knows he's trapped.

tyler sighs and sets the pizza down back in the box. he explains everything that has happened with josh this whole weekend to ryan, up until what just happened merely hours ago.

"jesus, tyler. you really think that's your fault? it was his idea to bring you into that bathroom. it was his idea to have phone sex. and it most fucking certainly was his idea to find you on that prostitution site and hit you up. don't blame yourself."

"i get that. i just- i don't know. fuck." tyler exasperatedly says.

"then why are you sad?" ryan questions.

"i don't know. i guess i feel bad possibly getting in between him and his girlfriend. but in all fairness he did say he was gay from the start."

"again, tyler." ryan turns to face him directly, "that was his fault. not your own. don't blame yourself for him leading you on."

tyler sighs and picks up the pizza again, taking a big bite out of it.

"why do you care so much anyways? you've been with plenty of guys who were married or had girlfriends but you never seemed to care how their lives turned out after you left with money."

"hey, im a gold digger. and josh didn't even end up paying me anyways. debby showed up before we- well he could finish and i was too mad at him that i left before he could pay me."

ryan looks puzzled at that. "you never forget the money. as you said you're a gold digger and a gold digger doesn't forget the gold unless they found something else worth digging deeper for."

tyler snorts. "what is that supposed to mean?"

"maybe you have a thing for josh." ryans suggests, biting into his piece of pizza.

"hell no. i've known him for 3 days." tyler immediately dismisses the suggestion.

"do you not believe in love at first sight?" ryan quirks an eyebrow.

tyler scoffs. "i don't even believe in love. it's all a hoax."

"well if i were you, i'd start believing in it."