Ex-Girlfriend

"why is there a pair of panties in your pants' back pocket?" debby asks, walking into the bathroom holding the black and red panties in her right hand.

josh freezes and looks at the underwear.

"they were... they were gonna be a gift for you." josh blatantly lies and even his oblivious girlfriend sees through the lie.

"they were a gift to me, huh?" she questions and looks at the size, "so suddenly i'm a large?"

josh nervously laughs as he turns the water off and grabs a towel from the hook and wraps it around his waist.

"must've gotten the wrong size, i guess."

"where's the bag?" debby asks, suspiciously.

"what bag?" josh steps out of the shower, avoiding almost all eye contact with debby.

"the bag from the store, dumbass."

"oh."

"oh." debby repeats, rolling her eyes.

"i threw it away."

"so let me get this straight." she turns around and walks out of the bathroom but continues to talk, "you threw away the bag and stuffed them in your back pocket. is that how you were gonna give them to me? stuff 'em in my hand as a 'gift'?"

josh looks down at his feet and walks out into the bedroom finally looking up into debbys eyes. they were glossed over in sadness, but beyond the sadness was anger.

"look-"

"no. clearly you moved one while i was in europe. i'm gonna pack up all my stuff and leave your life once and for all. that's what you want right? to get this annoying college girl out of your hair?"

josh doesn't answer, breaking the eye contact.

he did actually love debby but not the love she wanted.

it's just over the time she had been away he realized how happy it made him to be around men and be away from her.

josh hated her at times for acting like a dumb teenage girl and he sure hated her for being the reason he can't leave her for a man.

she had overreacted multiple times but this time, this time she wasn't overreacting in the slightest.

josh sighs as debby realizes he has no argument to make her stay and she rushes by him to grab her suitcase that she thankfully didn't unpack from the day she came back.

josh grabs a plain black t-shirt and slips it on with gray sweatpants.

"debby-" josh tries to convince her to stay but stops mid sentence realizing he'd already fucked up enough.

finally she finishes throwing her clothes, messily, into another suitcase and rolls both of them down the stairs before opening the door and closing it with a loud bang.

josh sighs as he runs a hand through his hair, pulling.

he picks up his phone that was in the inner pocket of his jacket and turns it on and calls the only person on his mind, other than debby.

tyler.

♣♣

josh swings the door open to see tyler wearing a black mini skirt and a pink t-shirt tucked into the top of it.

"i took your advice." tyler explains ad he steps into the house. "last time i was here, i was buttass naked in your bathroom with your girlfriend a yard away from me, through a door."

"about that.." josh rubs the back of his neck. "she's uh- she's my ex-girlfriend now."

"what happened?" tyler asks, as he sits on the couch.

"well. i might've stuffed the panties you were wearing last night in my back pocket." josh explains, "and she may have found them in my back pocket."

"does she know it was me?" tyler looks up at josh, leaning against the door frame.

"she just thinks its some random girl."

"well thats good." tyler says, picking up the remote from the table in front of him.

"make yourself at home, i guess." josh pushes from the door frame and walks to where tyler is sitting and sits next to him.

"remember the bet." tyler reminds him.

"i didn't forget." josh tells the small and now feminine boy beside him.

"wanna watch netflix?" josh reaches over tylers lap to grab the remote from his hands.

"depends on what you have planned. i'm not gonna netflix and chill."

♣♣

they finally had decided on watching the hunger games.

"rue!" tyler exclaims, his hand flying up to his mouth as the spear passes through the little girls stomach.

"no matter how many times i watch this..." tyler mutters, more to himself.

katniss runs over to rue to hold her head up on her lap and she sings the melody she sings to her own sister when she's scared.

tyler mouths the lyrics to the song, as he had read the books and seen the movies multiple times.

he couldn't help but tear up at the scene, especially when katniss goes to find the flowers rue was named after and surrounds her body in them, telling the camera that rue isn't just apart of a game.

josh wraps his arm around tyler, bringing him closer as he sniffles and rubs his nose with the top of his hand.

he snuggles into joshs chest, fitting almost like a puzzle piece, loving the warmth his body gave out.