Drunk

this has a bunch of time skips. WHOOPS. also this chapter is kinda fluffy? i don't know.

enjoy this short ass filler chapter.

ps i have a new story up called derive.

go check it out.

-

"tyler, what the fuck is going to happen to me." josh strains, his hand pulling at his hair in concern.

tyler freaks out, not really knowing how to comfort someone in this situation.

"i can't believe this fucking happened. my career is ruined."

"josh it's not, i'm sure people will forget about it in a week when something more exciting happens."

"yeah but in that week i'm gonna lose half my clients." josh comments, running a hand down his face.

tyler looks at josh sympathetically, and sits beside him on the bed, putting his arm around the older mans shoulder.

"i'm so sorry." tyler apologizes.

"it was never your fault, tyler. all of this is my fault." josh says as tyler leans his head on joshs shoulder.

"i'm still sorry."

"thanks." josh smiles a genuine smile at tyler which makes tylers stomach flutter as he returns the same heartfelt smile.

"i'm glad you're here." josh mentions as tyler just rubs the side of his head into joshs shoulder as a response, wrapping both his arms around joshs waist.

josh smiles to himself as the boy coils around him.

"me too."

and oh how tyler wished josh knew how much he meant that.

♣♣

tyler wakes up beside josh, as tyler had offered to sleep in one of the guest rooms but josh insisted he sleep in the bed with him.

he looks at the clock and it reads 8:25.

and it was a monday. he had to go to work.

tyler leans over to joshs sleeping body, but doesnt wake him yet.

its weird how when you sleep, all the stress and the worrying you had dumped on you the day prior, it all seems to disappear from your face.

josh looked peaceful although his life is everything but peaceful right now.

finally, tyler gently shakes josh awake and his eyelids flutter open, looking at tyler groggily.

josh hums as if asking why he's awake right now.

"i have to go to work." tyler whispers.

"no.. stay." josh whispers back.

"josh, i'll get fired if i miss anymore work." tyler explains. "ill be back here later."

josh huffs. "fine."

"i'll bring a turkey panini home."

joshs lips spread into a small, tired smile. "okay."

♣♣

tyler stands behind the counter just waiting for his shift to be over.

finally another person comes in and orders a simple black coffee.

"woah, wait you're that guy who slept with joshua dun." the man mentions to tyler as he hands him his credit card.

tyler sighs. "yeah and i don't appreciate you asking me about my personal life." he swipes the card and hands it back.

"hard not to when its literally all over then news. famous CEO gets fucked over by his ex? the news eats that up."

"just take your coffee and leave."

the man scoffs and leaves the restaurant with a chime of the door.

"joseph, shifts over." his co-worker, jim, comments before placing an apron over his own clothes.

tyler removes his apron. "i'll take a turkey panini to-go."

♣♣

tyler finally can park in the driveway now that all the reporters have gotten all the tea they need to survive.

he gets out, to-go box in hand and locks his car up before walking up to the front door.

tyler knocks and josh answers the door, shirtless.

"have you been in bed all day?" tyler asks, as he hands josh the box and walks inside.

"maybe." josh says, a cheeky smile forming.

they both walk into the living room and josh takes the sandwich out of the box and bites it.

"what do you wanna do?" josh asks through a mouthful of the sandwich.

"i want to get drunk."

♣♣

"but like-" josh pauses to burp, making tyler laugh, "debby knew our relationship was shit. she had to fuckin' ruin ev'rything."

tyler nods with too much enthusiasm, "what a fuckin' bitch."

tyler and josh make eye contact for a few seconds before busting out laughing.

tyler leans his head forward to rest on joshs chest.

"i've nev'r even been with a good person in m' life, ya know?" josh continues, taking the rest of his whiskey and drinking it in one gulp. "what the fuck is wr'ng with me?"

"josh. you're a great guy." tyler slurs, pouring the rest of the beer down his throat, "you'll find some-" tyler burps mid sentence and giggles, "someone."

joshs eyes flicker to tyler before averting his gaze back to the wall.

"yeah."