Past

abuse trigger warning for tylers backstory.

also i changed the texting format cause this one's easier.

-

"you what?" ryan asks, suddenly worried for tyler.

"i think i have feelings for josh, ryan."

"tyler.."

"i always thought i'd go through life without going domestic and settling down but when i'm with josh, i just- i don't know." tyler explains.

"you remember what happened last time you got attached to someone this quick right?"

"yes ryan, i realize what happened."

"then why are you falling for him! it's been barely a week."

"ryan i can't fucking explain this shit, okay? i'll call you later." and with that, tyler hangs up on ryan.

tyler throws his phone on his bed and lies down on his back, staring up at the plain popcorn ceiling.

tyler had a... bad past, one might say, when it came to love.

2 years ago (TW)

tyler pulled down his long sleeves for the fifth time this shift, trying to conceal the bruises his boyfriend, grant, had given him the day prior on his wrists.

finally his shift had ended and tyler dreaded going back to the apartment he shared with grant.

but he loved him.

grant would always apologize afterwards and promise tyler he would never do it again.

and tyler always listened.

grant loved tyler as much as tyler loved grant.