~Chapter 23~

Preston's POV
I hear the alarm I set blare throughout the room.

Usually, I would groan and roll over or smack my alarm off, but not today. Rob's coming back!

I plan on asking him to move in with me tonight. It would be so great living with my boyfriend so we don't have to travel all the time, plus I would get to see him everyday (which will be amazing).

I just hope he will say yes.

I roll off my bed and took a shower. I get out, dry off, get dressed in a white t-shirt and denim jeans, brushed my teeth, and threw a beanie on. I put on my red converse on and checked the time. 6:45.

I get in the car and drive over to my favorite coffee shop and got Rob and I beverages. I arrive at the airport at 7:25. I looked in the back and saw my sign I made when Rob first came. I grabbed it and walked in to meet him at the baggage claim. 

I see him walk down the stairs with his carry on. I hold up my sign and smile. He locks eyes with me and returns my smile. He runs over to me and he pulls me into a kiss.

I pull away because I can't stop smiling. "Hey Rob!"

"Hey Purrston! I missed you." He gives me a hug.

"And I missed you." I hug back.

We got Rob's luggage and walk to my car. Before he opened the door, I stopped him. "I have a surprise for you."

"Ooh, what?" He grins.

"Open and find out." I return his expression as he opens the door.

"You are officially my queen." He says as he grabs his drink and I laugh.

I do a sassy hair flip, "Thank you." He chuckles.

We get into the car and drove back to my place, sipping our drinks and talking all the way home.

We arrive around 8:00 a.m. and as soon as we got home, we walked straight into my room, turned on the TV and set up Sword Art Online. We picked up where we left off, which was surprisingly episode 8. We haven't watched it in a while.

Rob and I lay on the bed and cuddled up, and started the next episode.

After reaching episode 14, we paused and talked about what we are going to do for the rest of the day. I said to Jerome that I would meet him today. "What about we visit Merome?" I ask.

"Sounds good to me." Rob agrees.

We get in the car and drive over to the hospital.  I walk in and the lady at the desk waves as I walk by. I wave back and proceed towards the room.

What I saw surprised me.

In front of me, I see the doctor talking to Jerome and he looks as if he's about to cry. "Hey Jerome." Rob and I say in unison.

"H-Hey guys." He stutters as tears are threatening to spill.

"What's wrong?" I ask and the doctor turns towards me as a tear streams down his face.

"I'm so sorry to say this, but there's a 75% chance that Mitch won't wake up. He has Anoxic brain injury which is where there is lack of oxygen to the brain and it results from heart attack, drowning, drug overdose, or poisoning.
In this case, it's due to the head injury and trauma. We would be very lucky if he survives and regains consciousness. Until then, we just have to wait and see. Again, I'm very sorry." The doctor says.

Jerome starts to cry and runs into the room where Mitch is. "Please... P-PLEASE W-WAKE UP! I D-DON'T W-WANNA L-LOSE Y-YOU! I l-love you. P-Please don't l-leave m-me." He sets his head down and sobs.

After a minute, I see Jerome stare at Mitch's hands. Rob, Jerome and I saw it. His fingers twitched.

Mitch's eyes flutter open. He's alive.

"Mitch! YOU CAME BACK!" Jerome chirps and hugs him.

The doctor moves into the room. "Just as we shared the news, he woke up. That's great! You all are very blessed. Congratulations." She smiles at us.

"W-What happened?" Mitch asks, his voice must be sore.

"I'll tell you all about it later. The important thing is that you're alive and... I love you." Jerome takes Mitch's hand.

"And I-I love you." Mitch smiles as they share a passionate kiss.

"Awe!" Rob and I squealed. "MER-OME! MER-OME! MER-OME!" We start to chanting.

"You know it." Jerome winks and kisses Mitch again.

Now I just feel awkward.

We check Mitch out of the hospital and all of us drove back to the condo. Jerome and Mitch went to the living room, turned on the TV, and cuddled together. Rob and I went back to our room.

We turned the TV back on, watched SAO, and cuddled yet again.

After a while, it was about nighttime and we are on episode 22. I pause the video and roll over and face Rob.

"I have a question." I say.

"Yeah?"

"We have been dating for just about 4 months now, and I was wondering, to be together all the time, I want you to move in with me. Would you?" I ask.

"I'd love to!" He leans in and kisses me.

"I'm glad. Now we don't have to be apart." I cheer.

"And I get to be with you." Rob adds.

"And one more thing." My heart begins to beat fast.

"Yes?"

"I love you."