Chapter 23: People Are Going To Flip

Sorry guys, just imagine Emma (Vanessa) saying 'My Husband' inside target, i couldn't find a good gif :(

when we arrive at my house, I immediately head for the pot, where the key was stashed. I lift the pot to my chest and found nothing. I panic and look at Arlene. She nervously smiles. I put the pot down and head to her. She gets out the car and she yells "Emma, I thought you had you were going to carry your key." I sigh "Arlene that was my key." She tucks her hands in her pocket and blows out her air. I massage my forehead, looking down at the ground, trying to concentrate on how to break in. Arlene rambles on how sorry she is but I ignore her accusations. Suddenly the name catches my attention. I turn to her "what about him?" she sneers "he can break in Emma." I grin "break in? How would he know how to break in?" she laughs "he's a kid of wonders."

She heads back to her car and looks for her phone. About two minutes later she pops back up, hitting the top of her car "I left my phone at my house." I laugh. She asks "I can go get it." I roll my eyes and dial Zayn's number. Arlene slams her door shut and flirty walks to me "is that Zayn you're calling?" I roll my eyes and by the fourth ring he answers "um, hello?" I cough awkwardly "yeah, um hi Zayn, it's um Emma." He chuckles "hey Emma, what's up?" I laugh softly "Arlene locked us out of my house. She mentioned you know how to break in."

I can hear complete silence, and then he answers "I'm on my way." He immediately hangs up. I sigh and sit on the stairs. She gently sits below me, her arm rested on the stair and looking straight at me. I awkwardly turn to her; she smiles bigly "so you kissed him huh." I bit my lip and laugh "Arlene, I attacked him with my lips. I mean I just shoved my face up his and pulled him closer to Me." she slaps her thigh and laughs "oh wow, you weren't kidding when you said attacked." I laugh with her. We talk about the kissing while waiting for Zayn.

When he arrived, he parked across the street. He walked up to us "why do you always assume I will break in to houses." She yells over to him "well, you always do for me." he grins. I stand up "thank you so much Zayn, I'm sorry for bothering you." He smirks at me "its fine." He takes a while, swiping his credit card up and down the locks.

Once he opened it, I run inside. I grab the cereal from the coffee table and place it above the fridge, then take dad's hamper up stairs to his room. I run into my room, grabbing my wallet, opening it and making sure I had enough money for the day. I run back down stairs and look for the key. She left it on the kitchen table. I put the key in my wallet and head outside. I lock the door behind and turn. Zayn was standing at the bottom, looking up at me. I search for Arlene, and noticed her car was missing. I walk down "where's Arlene?" he laughs "she was hungry so she left." I scoff "of course she did." I turn away and quickly roll my eyes.

He turns on the car and places his hand on the back of my seat, allowing him to face me. He looks at me "hey." I laugh and blush "Zayn..." he chuckles and puts both hands on the wheel.

Once we arrive at a small restaurant by the school, Arlene kept smiling at me. At the booth, it was very crowded. While we ate, I noticed Arlene and Ashton innocently flirting but then Ashton wrapped his arm around her, she immediately panicked and moved his hand away. He coughed and she awkwardly shifted in her seat and looked at Louis quickly. She stood quite for a long time; her face looked so red, the worried face dominated her.

As all finished eating, and of course Luke was the very first to finish eating, we talked about the soccer game and its bloody violence until Ashton brought up the challenge "So you guys free today?" we all nodded. He jumped in his seat, and pulled his body onto the table "Then we'll do the challenge today." I close my eyes and hear Luke and Zayn argue with them. Zayn elbowed me "Emma, say something." I sigh "Oh now you want my feedback." He laughs and Arlene yells "BURN!" Louis questions "Wait, what just happened." Arlene giggles and leans closer to Louis "These dumbasses made a bet with Ashton about the challenge without consulting Emma and now we have to come up with extreme stuff." Louis blows out his air and recline back "Damn, you guys are screwed."