Chapter 77: What Happened

Ashton stomped on the brake hard and we all went flying to the front. Arlene yells "go get a nurse!" The guys run out of the car and Arlene grabs my hand "it's okay Em's. Just keep breathing." Then two nurses with a folding bed ran to us and pull me out of the car. They laid me down flat and started running inside the hospital. As they keep running, my senses started vanishing one by one. I looked up at the ceiling and watch the lights pass by fast. It reminded me if the time Luke was holding me, running out if the hospital while I laid in his arms drugged. The I look to my sides and see everyone screaming at each other but I couldn't hear a thing. The words didn't travel to my ears. It just flowed away. And then I noticed I couldn't smell the hospital scent of hand sanitizer. Usually I could sense that from a mile away. But then I couldn't feel my hands touching anything. I saw my hand touching the bar but it didn't register anything. I laid my head back and started counting the lights we passed. Suddenly I started to drift away and temporarily I closed my eyes.
Next thing I knew, I was waking to a cold white room. Needles stuck to my arms and a blue gown on my body. I hear the machines working, silently but annoyingly. I look to my left and see Ashton and Arlene sleeping on a bed. Then I look to my right and see Niall playing around with his thumbs. I groan "Niall?" Niall quickly lifts up from the chair and rushes over to me "oh Emma you're awake!" I close my eyes and reach to my belly "what happened Niall?" He sighs, tugging his hair to the side "Emma, you're going into labor as we speak." I gasp and been to cry. He continues "you opened three centimeters when we got here, just before you woke up, you opened to four and a half in the pass 30 minutes. Doctor Jane said if you reach five and a half, she will need to sow your cervix to keep the baby inside longer." I shut my eyes and begin to cry. He climbs into bed with me and hugs me tight. I clench into him and sob quietly. Suddenly I feel a sharp jab in my stomach again and groan in pain. Then I can feel the baby constantly moving around, not giving up. I sob "have you called my daddy or mom? Zayn," he smiles, holing me tight "your dad and Louis are on their way. Your mom and Harry are getting on a plane as we speak and Zayn hasn't answered his phone. Neither Natalie." I put my hands over my face and cry. I stutter "Ni... Niall I'm scared... I'm petrified! My baby Niall!" He looks at me and kisses my forehead. Suddenly munchkin stopped kicking. It stood still. Suddenly a nurse walked in "Emma! Good to see you awake. We should go over and discuss this." I sigh and put my hand around my belly. She grins a bit "Emma, it's too early to start labor, especially this quick. There will be a lot of problems if the baby is born early, even for you Emma. Now, if you open to five right now, Doctor Jane will have to sow your cervix and let the baby inside and nurture itself while it can." I sigh and nod. She smile and walks to the counters. She pulls a glove box and snaps the latex gloves on. She sighs "I'm gonna have to check you Emma." She opens my legs and puts a cold instrument right there. I squeeze my eyes and gulp.
She sighs "Emma, you opened five and a half centimeters already." I clench onto Niall's hand and sob "no! No no no no! This can't be!" She sighs and throws the gloves away "Emma I'm going to warn Jane and start prepping you for surgery." She leaves and I yell "Oh God Why! Why me! Why my child!" Arlene rushes to me "what happened?" I sob "their going to sow my cervix right now." She clicks her tongue and pats down on my hair "everything is gonna be fine Emma." I sneer "no! It's not!" Then my dad and Louis storm into my room. I yelp "daddy!" He runs to me and clashes me into a tight warm hug. I sob on his shoulder "I'm going into surgery right now dad! Their sowing my cervix! I'm going through labor right now!" Louis sighs "our Emma and Munchkin are alright." Then I noticed my baby didn't move to the sound of it's name. I shush everyone and sing "sleep baby sleep, your father tends the sheep, your mother..." I plead "munchkin isn't moving! It isn't moving!" Then the nurse comes in all scrubbed down "Emma we have to move you and get you ready." I plead "my baby! My baby isn't moving." She sighs "sometimes labor takes energy from both." But I knew deep down something was wrong.
Right as she rolled me towards the door. I stop her "wait! Can I have people in the delivery room?" She sighs "only family members and labor trainers" I cry "how many people can be in there?" She rolls her eyes and sigh "Emma right now is not the time to discuss this, we need to go now." She rolls me away and I scream to everyone "tell Zayn where I am!"
She rolls me down quickly and into this really cold room with tons of surgical instruments. They pick me up and cross me over to a cold patted table. I look around panicky and close my eyes.