Chapter 86: Let's Do It

Early in the morning, Zayn woke up. He quickly slipped on his shoes and zipped his sweater. I sigh "Zayn, stay with me today?" He looks at me and grins "And the baby? You don't want me watching?" I nod no "she has my parents and I really just need you right now." He clicks his tongue and slowly starts taking off his shoes and sweater. I move over and left my covers. He slips in and wraps my head with his arms. He looks into my eyes and kisses me softly. His soft lips pecking mine.

I forgot how soft and precious his lips were. As we stay in that position, hands intertwined and bodies close, he turns on the T.V. and we watch How I Met Your Mother. We lost track of time because my mother, father and Natalie came in. My dad sighs "the nurse will be here in about 10 minutes to take you walking." I look up to Zayn and he grins "It's okay Emma, I'll be here with you." Then Louis walked in "He guys, coming up to check on you guys. Liam and Arlene are watching the baby, so hey." My mom smiles "They're gonna start talking her for walks. Want to stay and help?" He blows his arm out and rubs his hands "Yeah, of course, how hard can it be right." I roll my eyes. Then my mom frowns "why's the envelope on the floor?" Zayn grins "Oh, must of fell on accident." She sighs, putting them at my side "Sign them after the nurse comes alright."

After a few moments, the nurse walked in sighing "Are you guys ready?" we all nod. She grins "okay, lets being."

She throws my covers over and pulls me gently up. I squeeze my eyes shut and bit my lip hard. She then pulls my legs to the side and pulls me up to stand. I plead "it hurts! It hurrrts! I... I can't!" my mom cups my cheek, trying not to cry "you have to try baby, come on." The nurse pulls me forward and I step. By the time I was out the door, I wanted to collapse and give up. Tears and snob falling from my face like a shower. When I hesitated to make another step, the nurse sneered "Come on Emma! You're almost there." I shriek and whisper "I can't." then Zayn got hold of my arms and took them away from the nurse "Emma, look at me. Look at me!" I cry and stare at him. He looks at me seriously "Emma you CAN do it!" I sob "No, no." Louis went in front of us "Then do it for your daughter Em's." I stop sobbing and breathe. I give my right hand to Louis and they help me take steps to the nurses desk. Every step I took was horrific and eternal. Once I reached it, I collapsed on Louis's arms and he carried me back to my room.

The nurse checked my padding and put another on. She told me many encouraging words and left. Then Natalie and Louis were sitting underneath the T.V. and my parents were leaning on the counter behind them. My mom sighed "Well, since both of you guys are here, sign the papers." Then Natalie coughed and cleared her throat "I'm gonna go check on the baby." She shyly put her head down and rushed out, closing the door.

My mom went through her purse and pulled out two pens, handing them to us "here." I look at Zayn and we stay silent. My mom frowns "guys? The pens." I close my eyes and gulp "mom, we're not signing the adoption papers." Both look at us confused and she muddled "not... not signing?" I quickly say "she's my daughter mom." She scoffs "yeah, and?" I start crying "i can't, we can't sign them. She's our daughter!" she sneers "She was your daughter since the beginning, what's changed now?" I sob "I love Her! Zayn Loves her! We Love Her!" my mom scoffs and turns to Louis "Can you please leave us. It's a family matter." Louis rolls his eyes "I am family Steph." My mom sneers "No, no you're not! Now get out Louis." He stands up angrily and goes up to her "Just know, I was there in the weekends taking care of them, I was there in that delivery room, I'm here everyday, and I will be your granddaughters godfather." My mom stays quiet and he shuts the door behind him. My mom turns to me and sneers.