Chapter 44: Love Me

Today, Harry took me hiking. We skipped church and wandered off into somewhere and hiked all the way up to the Hollywood sign. As we hiked up, Harry kept grabbing rocks from the floor and throwing them ahead. I sigh, grabbing a rock too "Do you think Sharron will ever put this behind her and move on?" he frowns a bit, looking at me "Like moving on from us? Me?" I sigh "That wasn't what I meant but why not, you think she'll forget us?" He massages the back of his neck, looking ahead "Honestly, I don't know. I mean Sharron won't change her mind about anything. I mean she may always love us but what I think is that she'll love us in her heart and forget about us in her mind." I smile, holding his arm "I hope you're not right. You guys were meant for each other and I hope everything in life favors you."

As we climb to the sign, I turn around and take in the beauty of the city. Harry startles me, screaming "To The Future!" I turn around to him, watching inspiration take course in his veins. Just watching him reminded me of the art project Michael kept questioning about. I smile and turn back yelling "Life Gives You Lemons! Make Lemonade!" I laugh, sitting down on a rock. From behind, Harry chuckles, taking a seat next to me "Oh, Very Inspirational." I sigh, breathing out harsh "Luke always used to say that." He grins, gripping my hand "Luke was really nice. He seemed like a great guy." I look at him, wondering if I should tell him. I smile and decide not to. Then Harry questions me "Did Luke have a crush on you?" I gulp, not wanting to answer so I just looked at him. He sighs, looking out to the city "I know you may not have noticed. You're so madly in love with Zayn but I think Luke liked you." I frown a bit, resting my head on his shoulders "I did know."

He moves away, looking at me "You knew?" I plaster my hair and sigh really loud "Am I a horrible person?" he nods his head no, frowning "Your heart belongs somewhere else. I just wished that Luke would have known sooner than later about you and Zayn. He looks fragile." I wanted to cry but I choked back on the tears.

When we got back to my house, we entered through the back door and heard my mom and Wilbert arguing. Harry whispers to me "They never fight?" I shrug and walk into my room, leaving them alone. Harry crashes on my bed while I take out my laptop and Skype Zayn. When he answers, he was in my father's kitchen "Hey! Babe! Called yesterday but I figured you fell asleep." I sigh "Yeah I'm sorry." Then annoyingly, Harry buts into the screen "Hey Zayn!" He chuckles "Harry, what a surprise." Harry scoffs "Not really, I'm not a clown or magician." I close my eyes, sighing "You have the worst and corniest comeback and jokes. I just can't." Then Natalie hovers over Zayn's shoulder "Hey Em's. Oh My Gosh!! Harry!!" I frown, turning my voice a bit jealous "Oh you're happier to see him than your own sister!?" she smiles "I'd knew you'd understand." I roll my eyes and the four of us talk about the new marvel movie coming out soon. Then I remember about Vicky "Hey Nat! Guess what!?" she smiles "you met Brad Pitt?" I frown a bit, nodding "Good guess but no. Vicky's pregnant!" she chokes on her drink, spitting it across the kitchen floor. Harry bites down on his hand, whispering "If I could have recorded that." I punch him softly "Shut up!" I lean closer to the screen "Nat? Are you okay?"

She looks back up, Zayn patting her back "No! I'm not okay! I'm stuck here! I can't even witness her birth Em's!" she wipes away her tears, scoffing and parading off. Zayn sighs "I should go talk to her. Be safe guys and I love you Emma. I'll call you." I blow him a kiss and disconnect. I turn around and Harry is batting his long eyelashes "I Love you too."

When I arrive at school, my mom locks the doors before I can open it "Wilbert asked me to meet his parents today." I frown "But today's Monday?" she sighs, rolling her eyes "I know, but that's not the point. I want you to come with me." I laugh "Um, why me?" she scoffs, rolling her eyes dramatically "Because Emma, you're my daughter..." I close my eyes "at what time?" she smiles, batting her eyelashes "Right now?" I cough, repeating her answer "Right now!? Are we meeting their ghost spirits right now?" she rolls her eyes "Look, they're coming to the hospital. His dad is getting a bone marrow at 8. I really don't want to meet them alone." I frown "Won't it be awkward, me going on a Monday, a school day and meeting his parents at a hospital when I should be in school, not a hospital but a school. Today's Monday, look at the kids dragging their feet inside school." She groans "I know but we can tell them that I gave you an internship at the hospital." I look at her, frowning "Okay, so you want to lie, in front of Wilbert, telling them that you gave your 16 year old daughter an internship instead of dropping her off at school." She sighs "yeah?... No!?" I smile "you will be fine mom just re..." she cuts me off, leaning further to my side, making her face look ravage "I will NOT Be Fine!" I lean back to my seat, fearing my mother's craziness. She sighs "the last time I met parents, I broke their set of china." I chuckle, clicking my tongue "Oh, so that's why Grams hates you and never lets you drink from glass." I make eye contact with her but she death stares me. I quickly turn away, removing the smirk from my face. She groans "Emma, what am I going to do?" I sigh "Grow up and meet them?" she snaps her fingers, looking at me "I can pretend you were having chest pains." I groan, buckling again. She drives away and the next thing I know, we drive up to the hospitals parking lot.

As we enter the doctors lounge, a bunch of doctors are changing and sipping coffee. I look over at Wilbert's cubbie and noticed he already changed. My mom enters the restroom and leaves me alone with all these familiar and unknown people. One by one, the doctors start leaving and my mother still hasn't come out. I wait for about 20 minutes until she pops her head out. She quickly drops her purse on the floor, taking off her clothes. She looks so nervous, panicky even. Then she puts on the scrubs and white coat. She groans "Why is this so large?" I laugh, pointing at the coat "Because you're not doctor Walter mom." She pleads a cry, removing everything again. Then Wilbert stumbles in the room, proclaiming "they're here!" my mom panics, yelling, covering her body and tripping over her shoes. She sighs "I'm half naked!" Wilbert frowns a bit "Yeah I know, nothing I haven't seen before." I close my eyes, groaning too "Okay, too much info." Then Wilbert jumps, covering his heart. He looks frighten and questions my mother "What is she doing here?!" I frown "Um that she is Emma, Wilbert." My mom sits up, biting down on her lip "she has chest pains." He turns to me and I dramatically clench my chest. He rolls his eyes, turning back to my mom "Then why haven't you enrolled her?" she scoffs "Because... because she... lied to me. She wanted to take a day off school." I roll my eyes and toss her a magazine. As we were about to exit the lounge, she cover he mouth "I can't do this!" I roll my eyes, putting my hands on her shoulder "You're not being a good role model. You're teaching me to give up." She scoffs "Since when do you care if I'm a good role model?" I sigh, gripping her shoulders "Since you kidnapped me from school, brought me along as a third wheeler and basically show me off, proclaiming you make good babies after you weird them out." Wilbert chuckles, holding her hand "babe, you'll be fine, come on."

As we roam the halls, my mom keeps playing with her hands, acting really nervous. Then Wilbert claims "They're in that room!" suddenly mom drops to the floor, resting her back on the front desk. Wilbert looks down in confusion. I roll my eyes and bend my knees "Get it together! Man up woman! Go in there and make them love you." She bites her lip, getting up. I take her hand and we guide her to the room. Before we enter, I whisper to her "Make them love you." As we enter, his mother welcomes us "Good morning." Suddenly my mom blurts out "Love me!" Wilbert and I close our eyes, knowing my mom just plummet the entire set up. I smile, rubbing her arm and whispering "I said Love, not creep them out." She smiles.

They weren't all bad, except the fact that they love talking about themselves too much. Then his mom questions "So why is Emma here and not in school?" my mom blurts out "She had chest pains... Heart attack." They gasp, looking at me. I freeze and smile a little. Then she asks "What caused it?" my mom rubs her neck, looking around the room "Um, she eats too much. I'm not a bad mother! Of course not but I'm mostly never home. I mean I am home just not as much as I like to. Anyways she eats a lot of donuts." I roll my eyes, sighing "Donuts? Rea..." She cuts me off, leaping in front of me "I saw her eat a dozen last night." His mom frowns "But she isn't fat." My mom stutters "Tha... that's because... of uh, fast digestive system?"

After that, I spent about the entire day following my mom. She kept talking about the meet and I tried to sound interested and tried listening too. I skipped school to see my mom crash and burn. I think it was worth it. So far, the best day since this month. It may be a little mean but it was worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys! I Love You ALL!! This message is to any Directioners and nice people who love doing favors. I was recently asked to promote What Makes You Beautiful Mission. Basically You re-watch WMYB over again until we reach 1 billions views. We want to make the boys feel appreciated and anyone who is willing, please re-fresh and not replay. THANK YOU ALL! I LOVE YOU