Chapter 32: Mother STOP!

When I woke up in a hospital bed, I felt my head blaring, my vision distorted for bit, and hearing a bunch of machine whirling around me. when my eyes adjusted to the light, I felt an instant pain circling my arm, at first I thought it was the IV plugged into my arm but when I saw the casket surrounding my hand, the memories came rushing in. I close my eyes, thinking of the horrible experience. And now, waking up to no one but an empty room, I felt unloved for a moment until my mother came barging in with my father, arguing. Then I wanted to be unloved, wanted to be left alone.

My mother rushed to the edge of the bed, patting down my hair "Emma!" I groan "I'm not deaf, stop screaming." I roll my eyes and turn away from her. She scoffs, pointing over my father "See! Look at her! Her attitude! You don't know how to take care of her! She almost died! You don't care about her, her friends almost got her killed!" by then, I had enough of her "I said STOP! Are you deaf and stupid! I've had this attitude! You were just too busy working! He does take care of me! He knows all my friends and approves! He's involved in my life! And no! My friends didn't kill me or dad! The stupid motor did! Just god shut up! Just shut up! Enough is Enough! Just Shut Up for Fucken God Sakes!" she coughs, getting up and leaving the room.

My dad chuckles "as much as I love to see your mother put in her place, you got to do it out of love." I slam my arm over my forehead "dad, I have a migraine, my hand is killing me and frankly she just annoyed me to the point where I didn't care anymore." He gives me his best smile, those I'm proud of you and love you smile. He hasn't smiled like that since he came home drunk the other time.

Suddenly the idiots rush in my room, yelling in excitement to see me awake after a few hours of me fainting. They told me that I fainted when I was in Luke's arms and didn't wake up till now, six hours later. They were all scared I wasn't going to wake up, especially Ashton "Emma I swear! I cried when Luke came down the ladder with you, dangling in his arms." I roll my eyes "Its fine Ashton, I'm alive, you can stop hugging me now." He coughs before returning to Arlene. When they left two hours later, Zayn and Natalie stayed in my room while my mom and dad went to take a quick shower and grab something to eat.

I noticed that Luke wasn't there, he didn't come see me, and I hoped he would soon. I know we have our differences right now but at the end, we're friends and that's what matters, or at least I hope I we are.

When they got back, a nurse took a look at my hand, unraveling the casket "I know, I know it hurts, I'm sorry, I know." Any surface she touched around my hand, I wailed at the pain, tears forming, I had to bite down on my mom's sweater to stop me from screaming and crying in pain. When she was all done, I looked at the hand. Up to my wrist, it was really bruised; different colors dominated my hand, black, purple, green, mixed colors between those. My four fingers, swollen, they looked super chubby. Then the Doctor came in, looking at my X-Rays "Hello there, I'm doctor Sheeran." Right away my mom goes up to him, shaking his hand and snatching the X-Rays from his other hand "her metacarpals and phalanges are broken to pieces! It's almost impossible to ..." she chokes and hands them back, he sighs "You're a doctor?" she nods but doesn't level his vision. He grins a bit "then you know that her right hand is basically paralyzed, she will have no motor function on her right hand. Her nerves are too damaged and her bones are shattered to the point where we can't salvage them." I panic "What?! What?!!" I look down at my hand and try to wiggle a finger but nothing moves, not one bit.

My father rubs his chin, tears swelling his eyes "but there has to be something someone could do." My mother scoffs "Hayden! There is nothing anyone can do! Not even my colleges back home; they'll tell you what he just said." Then my doctor cleared his throat "Actually there is something we could do." Everyone turns to him for more answers. Zayn's voice rose a little "Well!?"