Chapter 76: My Day

Zayn had me rushing out of my house. I kept asking what was the rush since we were only visiting Arlene. But I ignored it. Ever since I found out my baby is 100% healthy, I could care less about anything else.
Zayn parks in front of her house and sighs " how long has it been since you eaten ice cream?" I frown "ever since I got pregnant." He smiles and gets off the car. He opens my door and gently eases me off the car. I sigh, putting one hand behind my back and the other on my belly. Zayn chuckles "you're getting bigger now." I roll my eyes and sigh "Zayn, I'm seven months and three weeks pregnant." He kisses the side of my shoulder and helps me up the stairs. Zayn knocks three times and we hear Arlene scream "come in!"
Zayn carefully opens the door wide and the idiots pop out screaming "surprise!" I almost had a heart attack. I grip Zayn's hand hard and yell at them "don't scare me like that!" Then I look above their heads and see a yellow banner saying Baby Shower. I grin and cover my mouth. I begin to feel tears circling my eyes. The heavy breath storming in. I click my tongue "oh you guys. I love you all." Michael smiles "we know you're having an adoption but it's your first child and it should be special." I begin to tear up and hug everyone, even Louis.
They sit me down in a chair and and gathered around me. Liam sighs "this is happening all so fast! I mean you're so close and we're almost going to meet our little munchkin." Michael chuckles " I hope this isn't awkward for you." I grin and sigh "Zayn and I have something to share with you guys." I look up at Zayn and he smiles at me. Ashton roll his eyes "stop making it so dramatic! We're not watching a reality show." I chuckle " Zayn and I decided to keep the baby." Suddenly Natalie from the back scoffs "What the hell?!" She storms off into the kitchen. Everyone looks back to her then at me. I grin and slowly get up from the chair and walk to the kitchen "Natalie?" She was sitting on a chair by the window, looking outside and not turning her head to see me. I sigh, struggling to get pass to her in this tight space "Natalie please listen to me." Angrily, she turns back, scoffing "how can you keep that baby! Do you have any idea what it'll do to your life! To Zayn's!" I yell back "of course I know Nat! I wouldn't be making this decision if I thought best! I know what I'm getting into! So does Zayn! We know!" She crosses her arms and sneers "really! You've thought about everything! Did you think about where will you work? Or what school to enroll the baby? Or what doctor will the baby be seeing? Or have you thought about the future with Zayn?" I look at her in shock "just because Yegor and Klavdiya have everything figured out, it doesn't mean that I don't! Zayn and I agreed months ago!" She squints at me "months!? And you didn't think to tell me!?" I sneer "Of course not! Look at you!" She screams "you're God damn hormones have gotten deep inside you're pathetic little head!" I step back "Natalie?" She scoffs and chuckles "did you ever think Zayn just might one day want to give up, regret keeping the baby?" I roll my eyes "what is the matter with you Natalie!? It's supposed to be a happy day for me but you're ruining it! We have done nothing wrong but love our child Nat!" She looks at me with such pity and burden "what's the matter with me is that you're keeping it a secret from everyone, you are making poor Yegor and Klavdiya believe that in two months, they will hold their new born baby! You're lying to them! You deliberately ruin their lives! Why can't you just say something before! Or even now!" I nod no "I can't Natalie, I can't risk the chance. Mother and father will never let us keep my child." She sighs and looks away from me. I rub my belly and turn away.
I could hear music playing in the living with everyone laughing. Suddenly the missing wall paper piece that I ripped out caught my eye. I slowly touch it and close my eyes. Then suddenly munchkin kicked my rib and my lower abdomen started to hurt a bit.
Ashton laughs "how about we play Just dance!" Niall screams "oh my God yes!" Michael rolls his eyes "calm down Irish boys, let Emma choose what's going to happen today." I laugh "let the Irish boys dance, but I'll pick the song."   They both clap their hands and hand me the control. I chuckle "okay guys turn around." Ashton scoffs "what for!?" Arlene rolls her eyes "just listen to the pregnant woman will ya?" He rolls his eyes and they turn away from the Tv. I select Twerk by Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. Everyone starts laughing. Michael yells "wait wait wait! Before you guys begin, who ever gets the most points get 30 euros!" I chuckle and watch them agree. Arlene leans next to me "watch my husband give up that cash."
As soon as the game began, Ashton threw his control in the couch, throwing his hands in the air and sneering "You sack of ... Hormones! We Irish men cannot Twerk!" Louis laughs "sure seems like Niall can." He turns to see Niall completely into the dance. Ashton hits his arm "you blew our cover you jerk! Now all Irish men are subject to that stupid objectifying dance move."
Michael hesitated to hand over the money to Niall. He claimed that since it was a competition, and Ashton gave up, the deal was off.
Quietly Ashton and Louis went to the kitchen. Liam sits next to me "it's been sometime since we've all seen you. We've all been busy with work and sometimes phone calls don't seem to make the cut" I smile "oh Liam, it's fine. Even with a hello text is enough for me. It shows you guys care for me, for us. I love you all so much." Suddenly Ashton, Louis and Natalie enter the room with a big cake. Zayn hovers over me, putting his hand on my shoulder. I grin and begin to tear up "it's a cake? For us?" Louis chuckles "I remember how you would complain that you couldn't eat ice cream. Well I checked with your doctor and she said you could eat some for today." Ashton puts the cake down on the coffee table and laughs "it's strawberry." I open my eyes wide and blow kisses to everyone. Everyone laughs and cheers "to munchkin!" Suddenly the baby starts rolling around and kicking me hard. My back and stomach started to hurt after continuous kicks and Turns. Arlene hands me a tiny slice of Ice cream cake. I devour it in seconds. I sigh "Arlene can I have more?" She laughs and cuts me a huge chunk of cake. Zayn laughs "wow, cravings." Ashton's laughs "so does Emma ever wake you up in the middle of the night and make you buy her food?" Zayn rolls his eyes and placed his plate on the table "several times! One time it was 3 in the morning and she punched my arm. She wanted Kumquats." Michael sneers "what the hell is that?!" I sigh "it's a fruit! It's so good!" Louis chuckles "those are really sour and nasty fruits." I roll my eyes and feel a sharp jab in my stomach. I get up and walk to the restroom. Ashton sighs "where you going all serious?" Zayn laughs "pregnant woman need to pee every 15-30 minutes." They all laughs and I lock myself in the restroom. The pain became bigger and stronger. I started to breathe slowly and keep my mind focus. I knew I shouldn't have are that ice cream cake. Now I'm paying the consequences. I bend back and forth until I feel better.
At the end, everyone started leaving. Michael and Liam left with Louis to hitch a ride home and we stayed over to help clean up the mess. Of course I was only instructing Zayn on what to do cause I couldn't do it myself. When everything was spotless, Natalie groaned "can we leave now? I'm exhausted." Niall and I groan "but it's only eight." Zayn sighs "babe I'm tired too." I sigh and roll my eyes "fine, well le..." Arlene cut me off "you guys could stay over and sleep in the extra rooms we have." Niall yells "we'll stay." Zayn groans "well Natalie and I will sleep at our beds for tonight. I need some rest for tomorrow."
I kiss Zayn good bye and sit by the fire place with Arlene while the guys went to the kitchen and are some more cake.
Arlene sighs "why did you guys decide to keep the baby?" I smile, looking down at my belly "Arlene, if one day you get pregnant, the baby inside of you, you stick together 24/7. I love my baby, it would be dreadful not to think of a place where I can't keep them safe."  She leans in and rubs my belly. Suddenly I get a sharper pain in the stomach, an aching jab all over. I groan, close my eyes and sigh with burden. Arlene puts her hand in my shoulder "what happened? Are you okay?" I chuckle lightly, trying to sit up straight "it's nothing, it's just the cake. I'm not suppose to eat anything cold." She looks at me with doubt and sit back of her seat. We then talk about anything related to the baby. But while we were talking, I kept getting those jabs in my stomach and I kept trying to ignore them without making a face. Then Arlene yawns "we should go sleep." She takes my hands and pulls me up. She guides me up the narrow stair case and into Ashton's old room. She flicks on the light "I know it's going to be awkward if you sleep in Luke's. Besides Ashton has a queen size bed. With tons of pillows and stuff." I walk over to a green day poster and chuckle "figures." She laughs and slowly waves bye and closes the door behind her. I go through his drawers and pull out boxers and a white tee shirt. Thank god everything fit me somewhat. I turn off the Light and crawl into his bed. I stack the pillows and lay my head down. I close my eyes and escape the world for a bit.
There I was, sitting in a nursery room,
Holding my child in a white blanket, crying. I was sobbing and yelling for mercy. I look over myself and see a ghost pale baby I'm my arms. Suddenly I wake up screaming in pain. I rub my belly and begin to breathe heavily. Then everyone storms into my room, flicking the bright light on. Arlene gasp "Emma! You're sweating!" I touch my forehead and feel complete wetness. Then another jab vibrates my back and I yell, squinting my eyes and cry. Ashton runs to the bathroom while Arlene and Niall sit me up. Niall asks "what's happening Emma?" I look at them, compressing my belly "I keep getting these .... Ahhhhh! Ohaahh!" I close my eyes shut and tilt my head far back. Ashton comes back with two warm wet towels. They put one over my back and the other in the front. Niall stutters "should we call anyone? Is ...this ...normal?" Arlene pushes my shoulders down to the bed and looks into my eyes "Emma? Are you having contractions?" I sneer "no! I can't! I'm only seven months! I can't be!" Suddenly I feel my thighs wet. I gaps and throw the covers off of me. A white giant puddle surrounded me. Arlene gasp "Emma! You're water just broke!" I scream and begin to cry. Ashton yells "we need to take her to the hospital now!" Arlene stutters "Ashton... Ashton carry her to the car... Niall you call everyone! Both her parents...  and Zayn! Everyone!" Ashton picks me up and rushes down the stairs with me. Arlene opens the door for him and he gently eases me inside. She hops in next to me and he runs to the wheel. Niall rushes down the stairs and flies into the car. Ashton speeds out if the driveway. Niall talks on the phone. Arlene keeps instructing me to breathe. But I pray that my baby is safe and nothing will happen to it.