Chapter 35: Big Day

after the announcement, I made my parents take us home; I told them I didn't feel okay. Once we got home, I went to my room, locked myself inside my restroom, turn on the cold water and sat under it, fully clothed.

How could he move away!? He made a life here; he told me himself he hated Australia because it reminded him of his father. He told me so many personal things, He Told Me So Many Personal Things! God I'm so stupid. I hurt him. I could never forgive myself. He was my best friend. Even though Arlene and I clicked, Luke and I can relate in so many levels. He couldn't abandon us, he couldn't abandon me! But he can, and he will. I hurt him and I caused him to flee.

I angrily try to remove the stupid sling holding my arm in place; I wiggle it harshly, almost ripping the strap. Once it's off, I throw it hard against the wall. Then I start taking off my shirt. My breaths became harsh, they came out like pleas or growls but mostly, they sounded frustrated. I grab my shirt with the right hand, I start hitting it against the wall. I start crying, sobbing. The soaking shirt hitting the tiles vibrated the water back to me. I throw it next to my sling, and then I pull one leg close to me, resting my head on it and cry my eyes out.

Him leaving, did a number on me, it broke me. I could only imagine how he felt when he found out.

During this week, I avoided Ashton; I only went shopping with Arlene for the wedding. We enter a vintage shop "Emma, it's been 4 days since you talked to anyone but me." I rush over to the wedding dress, extending the bottom "Look at this! It's gorgeous!" she sneers "Emma, don't change the subject." I sigh, whispering "it's my fault Arlene!" she sighs, looking around. She gets my hand, pulls me over to the dressing rooms. She shuts the door and starts whispering "Emma! It's not your fault!" I roll my eyes "Then tell me, if Luke didn't know about Zayn and me, would he have acted the way he did or accept his offer at Australia?" she grins a bit "Luke would have gone either way, he loves that team! Maybe its good he found about you guys because I think he would have stayed for you and let his dream die." I stood quiet. I didn't know how to respond. She leaned closer to me "After the ceremony, they're leaving. They let Ashton and I live in their apartment." I close my eyes "I lost a friend lene." She clashes her forehead with mine "People come and go, just move on. I know he will."

After that day, I hadn't spoken to anyone, not even Zayn. Everyone called me but I ignored them and left with Natalie, Sharron and Harry to visit cool sites.

One day before the wedding, I was helping Arlene set up at her parent's back yard for the reception. Suddenly Michael and Louis stumble their way outside. All three of us freeze. Louis Sigh "Hey." I put the tape down on the table "I'm sorry I've been avoiding you guys." Louis scoffs "Right, you're sorry." My throat tightens, I know exactly what he means, he doesn't forgive "I... I really am sorry Louis." He rolls his eyes. My eyes start to get puffy "You think I wanted this to happen?" He drops the boxes on the floor, looking at me. His face turns softer he knows he hurt me. He walks over to me, hugging me when he's close enough "I'm sorry Emma, Arlene told me. But I meant about you dogging my calls." I choke up a laugh "Yeah, you're right, I'm not sorry about that." Then Michael yelled over to me "I see you're Terminator hand got better." I scoff "I missed you too." I walk over to him, hug him.

I slept over Arlene's house. I was her Maid of Honor. She only had me, I was the only maid. She told me that Ashton only had one guy, The Best Man, Luke. Thankfully, we only have to encounter a few times, I have to walk down the aisle with him, dance with him for a bit and sit next to each other for the toast. I really didn't want to but I shouldn't bring my things and conflict them with Arlene's special day.