Chapter 31: Flashed Before My Eyes

Imagine his face beat up sorry:/

I forced her to come, granted she only slept for 5 hours and she did look tired, I wanted her there to meet my friends. In the car ride, we were all completely silent. When we arrived at his house, we saw Liam and Michael walking up his stairs. Zayn yells "Hey Fuckers!" Michael turns around, flipping him off. Natalie was in shock "Oh My God!" I turn to her, giving her a smirk. I knew what she was thinking, how could I have become friends with these guys.

Truth be told, I have really never cursed, only when something gets me pissed off, like my parents getting a divorce or the custody deal. I really hated people who cursed because I thought they were trying to act cool or something but these guys, my friends are an exception.

As I enter the house, the first thing I see is Luke's bruised face. His black eye, the side of his lips torn. I ran to him, gently touching his cheek "Oh My God Luke! Who did this to you!?" he looks straight into my eyes; there was no pain, disappointment or innocence in his eyes, just anger "What does it matter to you." I step back; licking my lips "Luke... please don't..." he cuts me off, walking away from me.

I turn to over to Arlene and Ashton sitting together, holding hands "What the hell happened?" Ashton sighs "he doesn't want you to know Emma, so I can't tell you." I scoff "Really! He's my friend Ashton! You can't keep this a secret!" He sneers back "What, he can't keep a secret like you did about the relationship." I cross my arms, stick my tongue to the side of my cheek and roll my eyes.

I couldn't believe they were using my own faults against me, and what's worst of all, I think Zayn had something to do with it or he at least knew something. I follow Luke back to Louis's room. I really didn't bother if I left Natalie there by herself, she's social.

I enter his room and find Luke and Louis whispering. I sigh "Luke please." Louis raises his hand to me "Let Luke tell you what he wants to tell you." I bite my lip and agree. I sit opposite from them on his desk chair, waiting for Luke to tell me something.

He sighs "Emma, why?" I fly my mouth open but Louis raised his hand out to me. I bite my nails and look at Luke's hurt face. "Why would you keep it a secret?" .... He kept going on about the secret but how would he know I kept it a secret. I never told anyone, unless Zayn told me. I jump out of my seat "how do you know it was a secret?" Luke looks to Louis, and then Louis looks to me "Zayn called me yesterday." I felt relief but not entirely "Did any of you guys see Zayn that night after?" both sigh and nod no. "Then who gave you that bruise Luke!" Luke looks to me "I got drunk and got into a fight at the bar." Luke doesn't drink, he never touches his cup. He's lying; I know he is, he can never look at me when he lies. "You're lying Luke, You don't drink. Look at me and tell me the truth!" He gets up, grabs my arms and looks deep into my eyes "Because of you I did, I did get into a fight." He lets me go and sits back down.

I sigh "Luke I'm so sorry, but you have to understand that all of that, that was me being a friend." He scoffs "yeah, you don't stay up until 1 in the morning helping Louis train, you don't stay up until 1 in the morning texting Ashton, and you certainly don't go over Arlene's house and eat with her parents and make everyone fall in love with you!" I close my eyes, kneel in front of him, holding his hands "yes I do, I stayed up with Louis until 2 in the morning helping him with his math homework, I've stayed up with Ashton talking about Arlene until 5 in the morning and yes I go over her house and eat dinner with her parents." He sighs, resting his head down "you knew how I felt about you and you still gave me hope." I close my eyes "I did, but I never gave you hope Luke. Does Zayn know about your feelings?" he nods no.