Chapter 70: My Baby

I take a taxi to the hospital. The nurse takes me to a dark room and tells me to lie down on the cold cushion. She writes on her clip board and leaves with it. I sigh and look around the room. It's not like my mom's hospital but its way better. Then Doctor Jane rushes into the room "Emma! So good to see you again!" I smirk "Yeah, it's good to be back." She looks at my hand "How's the hand? Let me see, lift it to me." I slowly raise it and she puts her pen in front of it "clench it." I close my fingers and hold the pen. She looks around my hand and sighs "thank god the surgery worked!" I smile and give her back the pen.

She splatters the cold blue gel on my stomach and rubs it over. The baby has gotten bigger since the last time I saw it. She laughs "You're five months now right?" I chuckle "yeah." She smiles "Well, it's getting really close to your due date Emma. You have to be careful with what you eat and make sure you walk more and sleep tons. Just remember everything you do affects the baby okay." I nod "Yeah, when's my next appointment?" she sighs, looking over her chart "two weeks."

She cleans my stomach and leaves. I look at the picture and I was taken away. It looked bigger, I was completely shocked.

I lock myself in my room and look up to my ceiling.                                                                                                          

Is it really happening? Am I really having this kid? Am I really willing to entrust my baby with two Russian strangers?

I know I'm too young to have a kid, too young to become responsible, I'm a kid myself. What do I know about raising one? Even Zayn is too young to be a father. And I couldn't do it to him; I couldn't force him to become father.

The couple was really nice people, I would trust them but it's my baby. I spent my entire energy growing my baby. I know what my baby likes; I know it like showers at night over the morning. I know it can only sleep with the lullabies we sing it. I know it sleeps only if I sleep on my right side. I know it loves the name munchkin. I know it loves Harry, Wilbert, Mom, Dad, Zayn and Natalie. It loves me. It yet still needs to get used to everyone else. I know it doesn't like to be hot. It calms down when I talk or when I smooth my belly.
It's my baby. I can't let my baby go! I can't!

God! What do I do!?