Chapter 5

"She stole an ice cream?!" Dinah practically shouted and almost choking on her food, as Normani looked at Camila in disbelief.

It was two days after the whole incident and Camila was busy with school that she hadn't have time to tell her new friends about the whole scenario. The three girls sat outside on a school bench, the only sound they could hear was people playing across the yard with skipping ropes, footballs or random other games to bypass lunch. A couple of metres away sat the delinquents table (well, what Dinah and Normani had labelled it.) The table consisted of Lauren, Ally and Luke, Michael she had met at P.E, also there was one other boy she hadn't met yet who sat with them. Occasionally, she'd make eye contact with Lauren and she'd flash Camila a small smile or a quick wink, but Camila would instantly peel her eyes away from the captivating girl.

"It's not a big deal." Camila muttered into her sandwich, before taking a small bite and trying to brush it under the carpet.

"You're already turning into one of them." Normani laughed as she sipped on her juice and taking a brief glance over to the table.

"I can't believe church girl actually stole something." Dinah shook her head in denial as she gazed over at Lauren and back at Camila.

"Wait, church girl?" Camila mimicked the nickname as she looked at the two girls sitting opposite her confusingly and waited for an explanation.

"Yeah... she's really religious and I mean like crazy religious." Normani nodded, looking over at Dinah who also nodded agreeing with her friend.

Camila was so fascinated by her. She didn't come off as a religious person considering all the drinking, smoking and stealing. Plus, all the other rumoured things, which were actually true. Camila found herself stuck in a trance, which was locked on Lauren as she propped her elbow onto the table and her head in her hand. She gazed a little more as Dinah and Normani changed the conversation. Once again Lauren made eye contact with her and Camila quickly moved her eyes away. She seen Lauren stand up and stroll over to Camila's table as she hid her face slightly in her hand, staring at the table anxiously.

"Hey, pie face." Lauren's husky voice created silence at the table as Camila slowly lifted her head and flashed Lauren a smile. "I was wondering if you want to sit with me and my mates? It was sorta Ally's idea."

"I can't I'm sitting with Dinah and Norma--"

"We're going to coursework catch up now, so it's fine." Dinah grinned evilly as they both stood up in unison and starting to leave the table.

"I guess it's just you and me, sunshine." Lauren smirked as Camila stood up slowly from the bench, then made their way over to the 'delinquents table'.

Camila followed Lauren as they both stopped at the table, earning everyone's attention. Lauren snaked her arm around Camila's waist and pulled her closer to her as she began to introduce everyone.

"Everyone this is Camila she's new, so be nice." Lauren said as Camila felt her grip tighten ever so slightly, feeling protected by Lauren. "Well, you've already met Ally, Luke and Michael, but this is Zayn."

Lauren pointed to each person as they both sat down opposite Ally, Luke and Zayn. Michael sat on the same side as Lauren and Camila, but on the end. The group all greeted Camila politely and as they continued to talk amongst each other; she realised they were actually genuine, nice people with a great sense of humour. She found out the three boys were in a band and had offered her to go to their gigs.

She felt Lauren digging around her pocket as she pulled out one of her cigarettes. She eyed everyone at the table, but everyone refused except Luke. They both stood up as Lauren tugged on Camila's hand, pulling her up from her seat. She rolled her eyes, but not hesitating to follow the rebellious girl as the three of them halted behind the dodgy back part of the building. Lauren hung the cigarette from her lips as she fiddled with her lighter and finally lighting it up. The scent was strong once Lauren took two long drags and Camila realised it wasn't just a cigarette, it was weed. Camila swallowed hard as she scanned her eyes around just incase a teacher would appear, she couldn't get caught for drugs. No way. She watched as she tilted her head curiously. Luke inhaled a few tokes as a dopey smile crept on his face and handing it back to Lauren. He thanked her and started giggling randomly, feeling the effects of what he had inhaled. He soon walked off, saying goodbye to the two girls and off to his next classes.

"You want some?" Lauren asked and leaning against the wall tiredly as Camila's eyes followed the joint in the taller girls hand.

"No." Camila said firmly as Lauren chuckled, taking another long drag from the joint just about reaching the half point of it.

"Your eyes say yes." Lauren grinned mischievously and lifted the joint to Camila's lips, Lauren still holding the drug in between her two fingers.

She lingered the joint in front of Camila's parted mouth as the smaller girl looked up at Lauren nervously. She attached her lips onto the joint, inhaling deeply and nearly feel the effects of the drug straight away.

Lauren took the joint from Camila slightly, exhaling the smoke as Lauren placed the joint back to her lips. Camila took a lot more tokes and she was sort of enjoying it, not that she'd admit it. Lauren took a big drag, throwing the end of the joint on the fall and placed her hands on each side of Camila's mouth. Lauren attached her mouth on her hands too, blowing smoke back into Camila's mouth. She inhaled Lauren's blowback as they parted slightly once Camila exhaled again.

"Oi! I can smell what you both have been smoking, get here now!" The two girls heard a teacher's voice screech from the end of the school's back alley as Lauren grabbed Camila's hand.

She practically dragged Camila through the back door as they both dashed up the stairs, but heard the heavier foot steps of the teacher following them upstairs. Lauren gripped the smaller girl's hand harder, yanking her down a quiet corridor and shoving her into one of the janitor's room. The two girls stood silently in the dark janitor's closet as they heard the loud footsteps run pass, cursing under their breath.

Lauren let out a relieving sigh as she flickered the switch on, showing the smaller girl in front of Lauren. Lauren's greeny eyes glanced around the squished room. Shelves covered the walls that had different supplies and cleaning bottles scattered over them. There was a cleaning trolley and Lauren pushed it into the corner giving the girls more space. She stepped over to the corner and chuckled at that the janitor had a bean bag chair for their self. Camila was too busy looking over the trolley and shelves when she heard Lauren collapse in the seat. Camila picked up contagious giggles as she seen Lauren sinking into the chair and the taller girl snickered loudly, along with Camila. The bell rang startling both of the girls as they continued their giggle fit, which was caused by the drug they had inhaled just a few moments ago.

"Come on, let's go to class." Camila calmed down slightly as a dopey smile appeared on her face, extending her hand out to the Lauren to help her up.

Lauren just grinned, like usual. She clenched Camila's hand, biting her lip before pulling the smaller girl down. She crashed on top of Lauren as her knees dug into the seat, straddling the taller girl. Camila blushed awkwardly as she went to stand up, but felt Lauren's grip around her waist pull her down.

"We can't go lesson high... we'll get caught." Lauren smirked, knowing this would make Camila bunk 5th period with her because the last thing Camila wanted was to get caught.

"Move over." Camila muttered, rolling her eyes as Lauren shuffled over allowing Camila to squish onto the bean bag, next to the taller girl.

Lauren rested her head on Camila's shoulder, with a wide grin plastered across her face since she was proud of making Camila bunk lesson so easily. She let out small chuckles as Camila looked down at Lauren confusingly, but unable to hide the smile on her face. That laugh sent Camila's brain to overload and felt a swarm of butterflies were fluttering around her stomach. She could listen to that chuckle all day, it was her favourite record.

"What are you laughing at?" Camila asked curiously as she furrowed her eyebrows at Lauren.

"I don't even know." Lauren replied as both girls let out small giggles, they didn't even know what was funny.

Camila smiled down at Lauren, getting stuck in her lovestruck trances whenever she laid eyes on the captivating girl. Lauren shifted herself slightly, glancing up at the smaller girl and smiling to herself once she met eye contact with her.

"You always stare at me like that." She said with a blank tone to Camila as she continued resting her head on Camila's shoulder. "I like it... no one ever looks at me like that."