Chapter 27

Lauren pulled over outside the wild house, that had music blasting from inside as the front lawn was already trashed with plastic cups and passed out teens. Lauren got out of the car as her and Ally made their way into the house. Just like any other party, there was dancing, drinking, smoking and many more other illegal things. This what Lauren needed right now, a way out of reality and forget about the past stuff that had gone on with Camila and her parents.

The two girls entered the kitchen where they were greeted by their three friends: Zayn, Michael and Luke. Of course, Luke was conducting 'business'. Zayn and Michael didn't hesitant to hand the two girls a shot as they all down the small a blunt liquor, but that didn't stop Lauren for going back girl another 6 or 7 shots. In the end, what was the point of pouring the drink into small glasses when she could drink it from the bottle? That's exactly what she did and everyone cheered her on. With a bottle of vodka clenched in her hand, Ally guided her to the living room where they was playing spin the bottle.

Lauren knew she couldn't join in because she had a girlfriend; Camila, but as the alcohol ran through her veins and made her less aware of everything; she was forgetting all about Camila. As Lauren sat on the sofa and watched the rest of her friend play spin the bottle, she sighed heavily and taking a few mouthfuls of liquor again.

She glanced around the circle and met the gaze of blue eyed boy with dirty blonde hair as he shot Lauren a cheeky wink, causing her to blush slightly. He signalled Lauren to come join the game, but she just shook her head as a reply. She took another gulp of the bitter drink and noticed her bottle was empty. She scurried to the kitchen, pouring herself another drink as she turned around, she was confronted by the blue eyed boy again. She grinned evilly as she took a sip of her drink and stumbled back slightly, leaning against the counter for balance.

He smirked resting his hand on Lauren's waist and moved closer towards Lauren as she rested her hand on the blonde haired boy's shoulder. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head as her head spun uncontrollably, unable to even see straight.

"Hey, I need to talk to my friend." Ally said, coming between the two teenagers as she dragged Lauren to the hallway, causing her to bump into the wall. "What the hell was you doing in there? You weren't going to cheat on Camila right?"

Camila. How could she forget about her girlfriend.

"Of course not." Lauren laughed, pulling a goofy smile as she stumbled over her own feet and held Ally's arm for balance.

She glanced over at the blonde haired boy who was leaned against the door frame, smirking cheekily at Lauren. Ally pulled her back into the living room, she needed to keep Lauren away from the blue eyed piece of trash.

***

Around 1am, Lauren stumbled out of one the bedrooms as she panted heavily; she was having a panic attack. She adjusted her shirt and signature jacket as she fixed her messy hair. She wanted the blur version, the dizzy brain and the sickly feeling to go away. She was completely wasted and she wanted it to go away, she wanted Camila. She staggered down the stairs as she dashed out of the house and over to her truck. She sat inside and leaned her head on the wheel as she sobbed miserably, the negative effects of the alcohol was kicking in. She grabbed her phone and dialled Camila's number, listening anxiously to the continuous ringing. She sighed when it went to voicemail and decided to leave her a message.

"Hi Camila... please pic... pick up the phone, I wannaaa... talk to you, yeah, I miss you and I know I'm sortaaa... shit and thaaat... I don't deserve you, because I've beeeeen... stup-stupid to you." Lauren paused. "You're sooo... beautiful, Camila, like really really preeetty and you're just... perfect. Too perfect for me and I just--"

The phone cut off, meaning her time was up and the voicemail was over. Lauren sighed, re-dialling Camila's phone and starting up the truck engine as she held the phone to her ear. Yet again the phone went to voicemail and Lauren rolled her eyes as she drove dangerously down the road.

"Cam--Camila... I'm gonnaaa... go to your house... to see you, I reaaally wannaaa... talk to you, because I did something... bad and I'm reaaally... sorry." Lauren words slurred down the speaker of the phone as she hung up and focused on driving.

Half way to Camila's house, she decided to try and ring her one last time. "Hi... I'm almost at your... urh... your house." Lauren took another pause. "You never liked me... urh... driving and drinking, but oh well... I've got nothing to... loose, right?" Lauren sniffled, finding herself beginning to cry. "My parents hate me... you... you're slipping away, so fuc--fuck it." Lauren drove the car dangerously onto the other side of the road as she laughed manically and drew her attention back down to the phone. "Oh Camila... I love yo--"

Before Lauren could finish her sentence, bright lights shone and aloud truck horn screeched in the distance as she looked out of her wind shield. She saw a large truck, that was four times the size of her vehicle as she tried to turn the car out of the way.

Within seconds, the massive vehicle crashed right into the front of Lauren's truck.

***

Camila fluttered her eyelids open as she awoke from her peacefully slumber and snatched her phone from her nightstand. She scrolled through multiple notifications and noticed ate had three missed calls of Lauren as she rolled her eyes; it was about time she apologised. She listened through the first voicemail and played them out loud.

"Hi Camila... please pic... pick up the phone, I wannaaa... talk to you, yeah, I miss you and I know I'm sortaaa... shit and thaaat... I don't deserve you, because I've beeeeen... stup-stupid to you. You're sooo... beautiful, Camila, like really really preeetty and you're just... perfect. Too perfect for me and I just--"

The voicemail ended and Camila shook her head as it was clearly obvious that Lauren was completely drunk. However, Camila couldn't hide the goofy smile on her face when Lauren started complimenting her, she would take this message as an apology. On rolled the next voice message.

"Cam--Camila... I'm gonnaaa... go to your house... to see you, I reaaally wannaaa... talk to you, because I did something... bad and I'm reaaally... sorry."

This message worried Camila, what the hell had Lauren got herself mixed up in now. What was she sorry for? What had she done that was so bad? Camila just tried brushing it under the carpet and pretend it was the drink speaking. Camila played the last message Lauren had left her.

"Hi... I'm almost at your... urh... your house. You never liked me... urh... driving and drinking, but oh well... I've got nothing to... loose, right? My parents hate me... you... you're slipping away, so fuc--fuck it. Oh Camila... I love yo-- BEEP BEEP! CRASH! SMASH!"

Camila froze as she stared down at her phone and her hand started to shake uncontrollably. What on earth had happened? Camila didn't want to jump to conclusions, but it sounded like Lauren had got into a car crash. It would make sense, since Lauren hadn't showed up last night. Suddenly, an incoming call from Ally displayed on Camila's phone as she answered it and held the device to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Camila! Oh my god! You need to get to the hospital, right now!" Ally panicked down the phone. "Lauren got in a car accident last night and she's a fucking mess, Camila."

Camila's heart shattered into thousands of pieces as the realisation of the phone calls from last night hit her. Lauren could die, because Camila didn't pick up the stupid phone.

"I'll be there soon." Camila breathed out calmly, but she was far from calm right now as Camila quickly threw on some baggy clothes.

She was so frustrated with herself, all she had to do was pick up the phone and Lauren would be okay.

Author's note
Everyone still liking this story??? Comment what you think so far!