Chapter 41

The following morning, Camila was up earlier than she had got up for the whole summer. She opened her curtains and actually squinted because seeing the sun in her dark bedroom was a first for her. Her mother was just leaving for work and as she waltzed into the kitchen in a rush, her jaw fell to ground when she saw Camila chomping away at a bowl of cereal innocently. It had just gone half eight and her daughter, who had spent most of summer lying in bed and staring at screens, was up before she was. Sinu blinked a few times, rubbed her eyelids and reopened her disbelieving eyes. Was it bad she was concerned she was in a dream? That she was surprised Camila was out of bed? What bothered Sinu the most was the sudden change of being bedbound to up at the crack of dawn. She decided not to question her daughter's actions in hopes this would carry on and not wanting to make a big deal out of it in case Camila got defensive.

"I made you coffee." The brunette smiled, signalling her head over to the kitchen counter where the surface was spotless and a single mug stood on top of the sparking side.

"Thanks?" Her mother replied with a perplexed tone as she sipped the beverage causing her taste buds to tingle from the perfect taste of the drink.

Once her mother left, Camila was out the door quicker than she could move her own feet. Strolling down the pavement, she checked over outfit countless times to see if it was okay and found herself trying to impress Lauren. However, Camila reminded herself how she wasn't to get attached as they both had mutually agreed to end whatever their status together was. The story of her and Lauren had more ups and downs than a rollercoaster. It was if time was playing a cruel joke on the younglings. One girl was too early, the other was ready too late and when they were both prepared; it was the wrong timing. Maybe destiny wasn't always a positive thing. Maybe their destiny was to fall in love with each other and then to be cruelly torn apart, just so they could feel the heartbreak of life and love. Camila continued to convince herself that seeing Lauren again was a good idea and she totally wouldn't go home later and cry into her pillow. Today's attire was denim shorts that cut off at the start of her thighs whilst she had a white vest top on underneath a blue and red checkered shirt, that she rolled up to her elbows; since the weather was beyond hot. Subconsciously, she knew she was trying to tease Lauren with her exposure of skin and secretly hoped it would drive Lauren crazy. Her chest was bare, collarbones accentuating beautifully with sweat sexily drizzling slightly from around her neck as she wore one piece of jewellery; Lauren's necklace. As strolled into the garage of the repairs shop, she saw Lauren leaned against her vehicle whilst chatting away to some muscular man, wearing the same uniform from yesterday but looking rather much cleaner since the shop had just opened.

"Hey." Camila greeted when she reached the pair.

"Why hello to you too." The guy who was previously talking to Lauren replied, winking his left eye and surfing his hand through his dirty blonde hair as he assaulted Camila's body with his green eyes.

"Beat it, Kieran, she's here for me." Lauren teased, rolling her eyes playfully at the failed attempt of trying to chat up a girl.

"Tell me why all the lezzers get the hot chicks?!" Kieran groaned jokingly, before flashing a cheeky smile and returning back to his own vehicle he was currently working on next to Lauren's station.

"I apologise for him." Lauren chuckled, shaking her head as she turned to the car. "Anyway, I repaired the small damage."

"How much will it be?" Camila asked, pulling out her purse whilst Lauren leaned against the front of the car.