Chapter 12

Why didn't she just admit it? Why didn't she say she enjoy the kiss rather than making Lauren apologise for it. Camila sighed as she rolled over, staring at her clock which flashed '4:07am'. She hadn't slept all night because the green eyed girl had been on her mind all day. Luckily, it was Saturday so she could waste away the day. For some reason Camila was missing Lauren, since she hadn't seen her all week. She felt like she was slowly forgetting her face. She just kept remembering Monday and meeting Lauren's parents. Indeed they came off extremely religious like Lauren had said, but they seemed very polite and understanding.

Anyway, Camila couldn't stand it anymore she wanted to see Lauren and nothing would stop her. She jumped out of bed and quietly crept around her room as she slipped on a pair of ripped jeans, along with an oversized sweater. She combed the wild hair of hers as she unknotted her tameable hair and kept it down casually. She placed her shoes on as slid down the stairs and out of her front door before anyone could notice she was gone.

The sun peered over the horizon slightly, beaming off orange streaks of lights that eliminated the previous night sky. By one shred of light, it woke up the nature as the birds chirped loudly from their homemade nests. Camila strolled down the empty street. What exactly was she going to say to Lauren? What was going to be her excuse for showing up at her house at 4:30am in the morning?

Her train of thoughts were caught off when she stopped outside Lauren's house. She picked up a rock and aimed at Lauren's window, but once she threw the stone Lauren had opened her window. Extremely startled, Lauren glared down at the person who had threw the rock at her and her face slowly softened when she seen the guilty Camila. Speechless, Lauren slammed her window shut and Camila stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. Had Lauren just rejected Camila?

Lauren crept open the front door as she rubbed her eyes slightly and signalled for Camila to enter the household. The two girls stood at the bottom of the staircase as Lauren just stared confusingly at the younger girl, she was extremely tired. She had only woke up to open the window and cool herself down, then to return back to her slumber. Camila scanned the taller girl's body, Lauren was wearing grey boxer shorts and a white plain shirt. Absentmindedly, Camila was biting her lip whilst staring at Lauren's thighs as Lauren just shook her head at the mischievous girl. Lauren gripped Camila's wrist and tugged her along up the stairs quietly as she dragged herself and the younger girl into her room. Camila swallowed hard as she sat down on Lauren's bed and looked up at Lauren, who was stood in front of her.

"Camila." Lauren sighed. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Camila shrugged, she didn't exactly know the answer herself, well it was more she just missed Lauren.

"A shrug isn't an answer." Lauren grunted as she sat down next to Camila on the bed. "You're really... weird."

"I couldn't sleep." Camila mumbled as she gazed around the dim room and stared intensely at all the different posters around Lauren's room.

"So, you got dressed, then walked here, which takes 15 minutes, just because you couldn't sleep." Lauren questioned as Camila just nodded carelessly and stared over at her CD player.

Camila stood up and strolled over to the machinery as Lauren watched her confusingly. Camila squatted down and stared CD rack as she read through each album, seeing if she knew any of the artists. However, it was just lots of rock music that Camila had already assumed Lauren would have. Camila's eyes lit up once she noticed an album she recognised. She pulled out the plastic case and popped the CD into the player as she picked the song she wanted.

Riding down, riding down
My hand on your seat
The whole way round
I carry band-aids on me now
For when your soft hands hit the jagged ground
Wheels aren't even touching the ground
Scared to take them off but they're so worn down
Promise I won't push you straight to the dirt
If you promise me you'll take them off first