Chapter 8

To Camila's surprise, Lauren wasn't there in the morning. It filled her with disappointed, because she was already craving the sensitive touch of Lauren. She dug her face into her pillow, once switching her alarm off, and clenched the blanket in her fist. She inhaled deeply, intaking Lauren's naturally scent, which smelt similar to lavender. However, it was always covered up with the smell of cigarettes and alcohol. Camila stood up from her bed and shivered slightly as the balcony door was wide open. Lauren must of left the house through the balcony.

She decided on getting dressed for school as she tiredly put on a causal outfit and stumbled across Lauren's leather jacket sprawled across her floor. She smiled putting it over her black crop top as she dusted strains of hairs off her black jeans. The jacket was slightly to big for her, but she liked it. She dug around her closet and yanked out her black converse, putting them onto her feet. She took one last look at herself in the mirror, after straightening her hair, and rushed downstairs.

After a long walk, she met Dinah and Normani outside of school at their normal bench they sit at. Their jaws dropped the floor, looking over her outfit and unable to get peel their shocked eyes away. Camila sat down, opposite the two girls, at the bench and glanced around awkwardly.

"What has she done to you?" Dinah laughed as she continued to stare at Camila, making her feel uncomfortable.

"That's her jacket." Normani squinted her eyes as she glared over at Lauren, who wasn't wearing her signature leather garment.

"N-no it's not." Camila stuttered as her cheeks burnt up and deepening to a dark crimson colour. "Stop staring at her!"

"Are you guys...?" Normani furrowed her brows at Camila questioningly as she propped her elbow onto the table, giving her full attention.

"No. No way." Camila spat out as she fiddled with the sleeves of the jacket, gazing at her feet under the table.

"No, Normani. You know she's religious, which makes her a homophobe." Dinah said, taking a quick glance over at the delinquent's table as Camila rolled her eyes at the untrue stereotype Dinah had said.

She dug her hand into the large pockets of Lauren's coat as she pulled out a pack of cigarettes along with a lighter. The two taller girl's eyes lit up with rage, disappoint and shock as Camila widened her eyes, trying to spit something out.

"Lauren's. Not mine." Camila eventually explained as the two girls squinted their eyes at the not-so-innocent friend.

"She's coming over." Dinah giggled, trying to suppress the wide grin smothered across her face as she lowered her head.

Camila quickly fixed her hair and adjusted the jacket on her slightly, which the two girls had noticed and noted mentally. Lauren smirked, sitting next to Camila and opposite Normani, who greeted the delinquent with a glare.

"Hey." Lauren simply said, which caused Camila's heart to race and watched the girl turn to her, basically ignoring Normani and Dinah. "I've come to take back what is mine, although you do look rather good in my jacket."

The words poured from Lauren's mouth as if the other two suspicious girls weren't there. This caused Dinah to make a low wolf whistle, as Camila dug her face into her hand so her friends couldn't see the blush. Lauren just smiled softly, but raising an eyebrow at the smaller girl signalling her to return Lauren's garment.

"See you guys tonight." Lauren toyed with her lower lip, glancing over at Camila and standing up from her seat as she smiled politely at Normani and Dinah.