Chapter 38

Steam puffed from Lauren's ears as she stared deadly at the wooden door. Her fist clenched so hard that her knuckles had turned pure white and it felt as if she couldn't unlock them. Camila stood besides her with an unreadable expression; was she sad, angry, jealous or didn't she care? Inhaling a small breathe, Lauren twisted the golden knob and slowly opened it. There she was. Her lips against another, presenting her act of betrayal. Ariana pulled away as quickly as she could but it wasn't fast enough because Camila was staring emotionlessly.

"You fucking bitch." Lauren said with a slow threatening tone as she snatched Ariana's neck into her hands and pinned her against the wall outside of the closet. "How dare you be so disrespectful to cheat on--"

"Lauren, stop!" Camila yelled, yanking her arms away. "You're going to choke her to death."

Once the grip was removed from Ariana's neck, she coughed profusely and held her neck as if it was about to fall off. Lauren glared at Ariana like she was Satan in human form. She couldn't believe this, that someone lucky enough to be Camila's girlfriend would cheat on her. It was throwing away gold. Lauren was fuelled on anger and all she wanted to do was beat Ariana to black and blue but she knew Camila didn't like violence.

"Mila, I'm sorr-"

"Save it, Ariana." Camila interrupted with a stern voice. "Don't bother talking to me anymore because, that's it, we're over."

"No, Mila, wait!" Ariana shouted after Camila began storming off down the corridor. "Don't I deserve a second chance?"

"Stay away from her." Lauren ordered, shoving Ariana back and punching her in the side of the face so hard she fell over.

Before the cheater could collect herself together, Lauren darted down the hall with she saw Camila turn around the corner. She hoped she had adleast give that Ariana a bloody nose or scarred cheek. Lauren found herself exiting school when following the one direction of the halls. When she quickly stumbled out of the doors, her eyes instantly spotted Camila sat on a kerb with her arms wrapped around her legs. So slowly and cautiously, Lauren seated herself beside her favourite brunette and didn't speak a word; just comforted her through her presence.

Why wasn't she crying? She was sure she would cry. She was hurt but wasn't crying. Holding a cigarette in between her fingers, Camila took a deep inhale of smoke before passing it back to Lauren. It was freezing and it was Camila's prom night but she felt content on this pavement with Lauren. She was glad Lauren was here, even if she just sitting there and gazing at the stars. The black haired girl was against Camila smoking, even if it was hypocritical, but the brunette only wanted one puff.

"Are you... okay?" Asked Lauren, deciding to break the silence between them as she crushed the end of her cigarette on the kerb, where her and Camila were sat at. "I mean, obviously you're not okay because of what happened but what I mean is, like, urh, like, well is there anything I can do to make you feel less shitty?"

"Take me somewhere." The brunette replied vaguely.

"I don't have a car." Lauren responded. "But I'll just give you a piggy back."

"Really?" Camila said cracking a goofy smile. "Where are you going to take me?"

The two girls stood up and Lauren crouched slightly, allowing Camila to mount her back, her legs wrapping around Lauren whilst the black haired girl kept tight hold of her thighs so she wouldn't fall. Camila hooked her arms around Lauren's neck and rested her head on top of Lauren's.

"Hungry?" Questioned Lauren to Camila as she started to straggle down the pavement.

"Starving."