Chapter 19

"Lauren!" Camila knocked on the front door off the Jauregui's household as she leaned her head against the wooden oak door.

It was Wednesday and the two girls hadn't spoke. Camila had looked for Lauren all over school, but the stubborn girl had done a great job of avoiding her. She knocked again and again, but Lauren wouldn't answer. All the anger had faded from Lauren and all she was left with was a broken heart.

"Lauren please!" Camila begged. "I miss you, can we talk?"

Lauren sat with back against the front door and knees tucked into her chest. She heard more knocking as she rested her head on her knees and silent tears rolled down her cheek. She wiped them away as she rested her head against the door and debated wether on opening up. If she had told Camila about the stupid date, then this would of all been avoided.

However, Camila shouldn't of jumped to conclusions and made drastic decisions. Lauren stood up from her spot and turned the door handle, creaking open the door. Camila smiled finally happy she could see Lauren. She quickly stepped into the house and pulled Lauren into a tight hug as Lauren kept her arms beside her. Camila looked up at her face and wiped the tears off her cheek, with her thumb.

"Lauren, I'm so sorry." Camila whispered.

"It's fine." Lauren shrugged as she stepped back from Camila. "We're not an 'item' so it's okay, we're not committed to each other."

"I hate it when you do that." Camila frowned as she exhaled heavily, looking at the ground.

"Do what?"

"Push me away." Camila sighed, tucking strands of hair behind Lauren's ear. "You pretend to not care, but I know I hurt you and it's okay to show your emotions."

Lauren was silent.

"Talk to me." Camila flashed a small smile as she lifted Lauren's chin up and stared into Lauren's hurting eyes.

"I was angry."

"Keep going." Camila nodded eagerly.

"Now, I'm just... sad." Lauren's voice became shaky and weak as she pulled Lauren into a bear hug and Lauren rested her head on Camila's shoulder.

"I'm sorry." Camila whispered as she stroked Lauren's hair gently and heard small sniffles escape Lauren's mouth.

"Just don't do it again." Lauren mumbled into Camila's shoulder as they pulled away slowly and Lauren yanked her upstairs, she was craving Camila's touch.

***

The evening was peacefully as the two girls laid in each other's arms for hours. Camila had her arms around Lauren's neck as the taller girl was nuzzled into Camila's collarbone. Lauren had her arm draped over Camila's waist as Camila delicately ran her hands through Lauren's jet black locks.

This was heaven to both girls since they had been craving each other's touch and had missed one another dearly. Camila would randomly planted soft kisses on Lauren's forehead everytime she heard a small whimper from Lauren. The taller girl had been crying for a while, even though Camila and her had resolved everything, but Camila had a feeling it wasn't just to do with the recent scenario.

"What time is it?" Lauren asked with a weak voice as Camila turned her head back to look at the time.

"Almost 8." Camila mumbled against Lauren's head as Lauren slowly sat up pulling away from the embrace.

"My parents will be hom--"

Just on queue, she heard the front door open and close, along with foot steps across the house. Lauren quickly slipped on some jeans, she had took off before and Camila made the bed neatly. Lauren pulled out some textbooks out of bag and scattered them across the bed as the two girls sat with their legs crossed on the mattress. The two girls open random books to make it look like they were occupied as they heard footsteps up the stairs and then Lauren's mother entered the bedroom.