Chapter 13

Lauren could feel the sweat dripping from her forehead as nerves took over her body and the sight of Camila's beautiful face cut off her track of thoughts. She could see where Camila's eyes were staring at and she wanted to feel those soft lips again. She knew it was wrong, like her parents had told/ remained her.

Before Lauren could move away from under the younger girl, she felt Camila's hand on the side of cheek gently guiding her to Camila's face. Camila hovered her lips above Lauren's as she stared into the green captivating eyes of the taller girl. Lauren swallowed hard as she nervously glanced between Camila's eyes and lips.

Camila hesitantly leaned in, closing her brown orbs and locking lips with Lauren. Camila's hand gripped tighter of Lauren's cheek as their lips moved in sync with each other, but soon Lauren pulled away not letting the kiss deepen.
Lauren stared at the brown haired girl with wide eyes as she felt her pulse pump crazily. Camila had just kissed her completely sober.

"Say something." Camila whispered as she toyed with her lower lip, gazing over her straddled body on top of Lauren's.

"I don't know what to say." Lauren answered truthfully as she gazed into Camila's eyes shockingly.

Camila glared into Lauren's eyes hoping for some type of good emotion, but all she received was a slightly shocked facial expression. Camila's heart was broke. It was clear Lauren different return any affection. Camila sighed getting off of Lauren's torso and quickly slipped on her boots, then searched for hoodie. Lauren watched Camila's scavenger hunt and knew that the smaller girl was going to leave.

"Wait, don't go." Lauren exhaled loudly and sat up on her bed as Camila frantically searched around for her jacket.

Lauren stood up hesitantly and tried to stop Camila from pacing around her room, but her efforts were useless since Camila would just push pass her. Camila finally found her hoodie, it was under Lauren's leather jacket, as she put it on and made her way to the bedroom door. Lauren blocked her exit as she pressed her back against the door, looking down at the smaller girl.

"Please stay, I'm sorry." Lauren mumbled as the desperation glinted in her eyes, showing Camila that she was serious; she really wanted her to stay.

Camila just stared at Lauren, what was she supposed to do now? Instead, Lauren finally took the lead by lacing her fingers with Camila's hand and tugging her towards the bed. Lauren climbed into the warm mansion of blankets as Camila slipped off her shoes and jacket again, before hopping into the bed with Lauren too.

The girls peacefully stared into each other eyes with small smiles across their faces. Lauren grabbed Camila's hips and pulled her closer, eliminating the tiny space between them. Soon, Lauren wrapped her arms around Camila's neck tightly and cuddled the smaller girl into her chest as she rested her chin on the brunette's head. Camila smiled into Lauren's skin as she snaked her arms around the taller girl's waist.

•••

Lauren's eyes peeled open as she reached her arms out to feel where Camila's body was, but only to realise Camila was gone. Lauren's heart sank as she sat on the edge of the bed miserably and noticed that Camila's jacket and shoes were still here. Why would she leave without her boots and coat? Lauren jumped out of bed and raced to the bathroom, but still Camila wasn't there. She strolled down the stairs with her head lowered sadly as she entered the kitchen and perked her head at the sight of Camila and her parents.

"Honey, you should of told us that Camila was sleeping over, I would made you both dinner." Lauren's mother scolded lightly as Camila sipped her tea and eyeing up Lauren's body. "Also, it's rude to wake up after your guests, you're lucky me and your father were here to make Camila breakfast and a cup of tea."

Lauren gazed over the dirty plates in front of each person on the table as Camila placed down her mug, this was all too early for Lauren. She walked over to the dishes and piled them up all together, then carried them over to the sink. She started to clean them as her parents stood up from the small table and slipped on their coats.

"We're going to the march now, so we'll be back later this evening." Lauren's mother smiled as she kissed Lauren's cheek and gave her a small hug, along with her father too.

"March?" Camila questioned as Lauren froze on the spot, since she knew what her parents would say.

"Yes, homosexuals think they can get married in a Catholic Church." Her mother scoffed. "Well, we're going on another march to stop these stupid homos."

Camila practically choked on her own spit, hearing what Lauren's mother had just said as she watch Lauren's father nod in full agreement. Her parents soon left after saying goodbye to Lauren as Camila stood up and leaned against the counter. They both just stared at each other with blank expressions. Camila was speechless and taken back from what Lauren's mother had said. Lauren was scared she was going to loose Camila.

"I hope you're not homophobic too." Camila joked, trying to lighten up the mood as Lauren just shook her head slightly.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." Lauren said shamefully as she placed all the dishes on the draining rack and dried her hands with a tea towel.

"It's okay, I'm sorry you have to live with it." Camila said as she rubbed Lauren's arm comfortingly. "I'm here for you... if anything happens."

"I'm fine." Lauren could barely get out the words, along with a fake smile to add to the lies.

Reality, Lauren was deeply upset since it had only hit her how disgusted her parents would be if they knew about her relationship with Camila. Adleast she had Camila, Lauren was so worried her parents would scare her away, but she was just supportive.

"Lauren, I know you're not fi--"

"I'm fi-fine!" Lauren yelled, slamming her hand down on the counter as tears streamed from her green eyes.

Lauren sniffled slightly as she quickly wiped away the tears off of her cheeks, but soon more would just stain her cheeks again. Camila pulled Lauren into a huge hug and held her tightly in her arms as the taller girl sobbed into her shoulder. This was so out of character for Lauren, she was always so smooth, mischievous, funny and happy but seeing her so upset made Camila's heartbreak. The worst the part was Camila had no idea how to cheer her up, or did she? She laced her fingers with Lauren's as she dragged her upstairs and back to her bedroom. Lauren's sobs filled the silence as she crawled back into bed and Camila searched for a song to play.

Take away the sensation inside
Bitter sweet migraine in my head
It's like a throbbing tooth ache of the mind
I can't take this feeling anymore

Drain the pressure from the swelling
The sensation's overwhelming
Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright
Tell me that I won't feel a thing
So give me Novacaine

Camila slipped into the bed next to Lauren as she felt Lauren instantly wrap her arms round Camila and nuzzled her face into Camila's neck. She heard low cries from Lauren as she felt wet tears on her shoulder. Camila rested her arms over Lauren's body as Lauren gripped her tighter and sobbed into the crooks of her neck.

Out of body and out of mind
Kiss the demons out of my dreams
I get the funny feeling and that's alright
Jimmy says it's better than air,
I'll tell you why

Drain the pressure from the swelling,
This sensation's overwhelming,
Give me a long kiss goodnight
And everything will be alright
Tell me that I won't feel a thing
So give me Novacaine

After a long crying session from Lauren, all there was left were little sniffles as the taller girl started to calm down. Camila held her closer as she slowly wiped her thumb over Lauren's moist cheeks, drying her eyes for her.