Chapter 6

"Wake up." Camila shook the taller girl as she stood up from the seat, letting Lauren sink into the bean bag.

"What time is it?" Lauren yawned as she stretched her arms and legs, resting in her the comfy chair.

"Period 6 is about to start, you've been asleep for like half an hour." Camila laughed quietly as she looked down at the sleepy girl and extended her hand out once again. "Don't pull me down this time."

"So, you just let me sleep?" Lauren asked curiously, gripping Camila's hand and standing up effortlessly.

"Yeah, it was a long half an hour, but you seemed peacefully." Camila smiled slightly, standing in front of the taller girl as she shrugged her shoulders.

Lauren just blushed lightly in reply as she dusted herself off and fixed her hair by running her hand through her black waves. Camila looked up at Lauren's hair seeing it was messy and Camila couldn't fight the urge to fix it. The smaller girl stood on her tip toes, running her hand through Lauren's locks and readjusting the taller girl's hair.

Camila smiled, proud of her creation, before she heard the door knob twitch and in came the janitor. Both girls glanced between each other and the janitor as he just stared at them both confusingly.

"Go before I remembered I saw you both here." He said with a slight chuckle to his tone, raising an eyebrow to the girls and shaking his head.

They both smiled widely as if they were saying thank you and darted out of the janitor's room. They both strolled down the corridors, waiting for the bell to allow last period to start.

"Well, I've got art now so I'll see you later?" Lauren stopped at the corner of the hall, turning on her heels to face Camila.

"See you later, church girl." Camila said after parting ways with Lauren and looking back smirking at the taller girl.

"Church girl?" Lauren mumbled to herself watching Camila disappear down the hall as she wondered how Camila had got that nickname for her.

***

Camila and Lauren hadn't spoken since that day, the school pressures were already commencing and heaps of homework were already starting to pile up. Pile up so much that Camila had got her first detention. She had left her maths homework on her desk and the teacher obviously didn't believe her, so she had a Thursday lunch detention. Camila strolled to down the over crowded corridor, trying to stall time from going to her detention. She reached the dreaded classroom as she opened the heavy door.

"Detention?" A teacher asked not bothering to look up from her computer as Camila nodded in reply. "Take a seat."

Camila gazed around the classroom full of misfits and trying to pick where to sit, but clamped her eyes on the girl at the back of the room. Lauren. Her faced dressed with a wide grin as she discretely pulled out the seat next to her and tilted her head for Camila to sit next to her. Camila glanced over at the teacher, who wasn't paying any attention, before scurrying over to the seat next to Lauren. Camila sat down awkwardly as Lauren rested her arm on the back of Camila's plastic chair, whilst swinging back in her own. The teacher gazed around the class, muttering under her breath and exiting the room. The 12 students, without including Camila and Lauren, all erupted into loud chatter.

"Fancy seeing you here." Lauren laughed as Camila shoved her arm jokingly for her to stop teasing. "So, you left me quite confused the other day."

"Why?" Camila looked over at the taller girl confusingly, taking out at drink from her backpack.

"Where did you get the name 'church girl' from?" Lauren looked down at her lap with her voice taking more of serious tone on.

Camila thought for a second and remembered when she Lauren that nickname. She actually didn't mean to say it, it just came out without her thinking. Well, what was Camila suppose to say? That her friends Dinah and Normani had told her and that they was speaking about her. That would be awkward.