Chapter 39

Unlocking her front door, the beams of the moon reflected down onto her tanned hands fiddling with the lock. She swung it open and stepped in the lifeless house as she signalled the green eyed girl to follow her. Lauren hadn't been in this house for ages. She noticed the change of wallpaper once Camila flicked on the light and how the carpet had been replaced from white to black; clearly sick of the stains the colour white always leaves. They hadn't talked much once Camila had offered Lauren to come back to hers and it wasn't in any seductive tone. It was more of a 'I don't want this night to end and I just want us to be alone' tone. They both took their shoes off; Camila's being red heels whilst Lauren's were her big boots, then started to trudge up the stairs. Once entering the bedroom, Lauren was shocked by the lack of difference. Her bedroom was the same apart from different sheets. She couldn't blame Camila for not changing her bedroom considering it was a box. Camila turned around and ordered Lauren to get the zip on the back of her dress, which, at first, she was surprised by but complied in seconds. Whilst removing the fancy attire, Lauren blushed heavily and kept her gaze fixated on the ground awkwardly. Her eyes couldn't resist a peak of Camila's backside as she began putting on a white shirt. Her cheeks only got hotter when she saw Camila's matching red lacy bra and thong. It seemed like Camila didn't care if Lauren was looking or not; she had already seen her body before. When Camila had slipped on her shorts, she swirled back around to face Lauren who sat on the edge of Camila's mattress. In one swift move, the brunette mounted Lauren's lap and crashed their lips eagerly, hooking her arms around Lauren's shoulders. The green eyed girl was caught off guard but reciprocated the kiss instantly. She slid her hands into the brown locks as the brunette began to grind against Lauren. Camila pecked Lauren's cheek, trailing down her neck and leaving dark marks on the side of her throat. Flustered yet confused, this wasn't what Lauren wanted.

"Camila." Lauren said in weak tone as she replied with a hum. "Stop, Camila."

"What, what?" Camila panted, after removing her lips from Lauren's skin and stopped her rhythmic grind.

"This is going to be our last night? Sex?" Lauren asked with a disappointed tone. "I mean, sex is amazing but I want us to talk." She explained, resting her hand on the side of Camila's cheek whilst rubbing her thumb back and forth. "I haven't properly spoken to you, you know, a deep conversation full of meaning?" Lauren continued, seeing Camila's face covered with an ear to ear grin. "What?" She blushed.

"You're just... so fucking amazing." The brunette replied, passionately kissing Lauren then seating herself next to her. "Let's lie down."

Camila rested her body on her mattress whilst her back pressed against the wall to allow enough space for Lauren. The black haired girl intertwined their legs together and lied down in front of the brunette as green eyes bored into brown ones. They clamped their hands together and stole small kisses from each other with loving smiles. This is where they both wanted to be but why was it so hard to obtain? In these early hours, time was timeless. Lauren wanted to talk about the deepest things, the silliest things, the weirdest things. Lauren wanted to confess everything, she wanted to tell Camila that she loved her. That she was in love with her. She hadn't said it before, even though she tried to and regretted not saying it earlier. However, it was too much. Lauren knew she couldn't just say such meaningful words and leave the next morning; it would just hurt both of them. Looking into the pair of warm brown eyes in front of her and realised what she had taken for granted. What she had lost. If only she had chosen different decisions in the past. If only she had just stopped being scared too late. The list was endless. This was it; pie face and church girl coming to an end...

•••

Blinded by light, Camila's eyelids slowly opened as she let out a large yawn and the memories came flooding back. Her heart sank to the pit of her stomach when she saw the empty space next to her. She sat up, rubbing her eyes and noticed her balcony door open, meaning Lauren must have gone out of the balcony. Her heart was aching and felt it was physically being tore in half. Her eyes began brimming with tears but noticed something hung on the back of her door; a black, wooden cross necklace Lauren never not wore. Camila took it down and caressed her thumb against the item before wearing around her own neck. To most people this would give off the impression that she was religious but to Camila it was a constant reminder of Lauren. Wiping tears from her eyes, Camila shuffled out of her room and down the stairs where her father was eating breakfast. He looked at Camila with a perplexed expression before he slowly stood from his seat.

"Baby, what are you doing here?" Alejandro asked with a concerned tome as her knitted brows together. "Weren't you supposed to stay at Ariana's house last night?"

"Plans got changed." Camila vaguely replied with a slight sad tone.

"Explain." He demanded with his eyebrows raised up knowingly as he pointed to stool at the kitchen counter. The brunette let out an exhausted sigh before marching over to the seat and mounting it carefully. "What happened last night?"

"I found Ariana... cheating on me." Camila admitted, causing her father to be shocked from this news as he thought Ariana was lovely; not anymore.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorr-"

"But that's not why I'm sad." Camila interrupted, fiddling with her thumbs awkwardly. "I spent the night with Lauren... and, because I'm going to college, we can't be together again." Her warm brown eyes began to swell with tears, glinting with utter sadness. "I lo-love her, dad, it hurts so much to let her go."

"Sometimes, Mija, the ones we love the most escape us." Her father explained with a sympathetic frown painted across his lips as he tilted Camila's drooping face upwards. "But love finds away, baby. It always does."

Within those words, Camila felt slight hope for her and Lauren but that didn't make the pain go away. She collapsed into her father's arm whilst he bundled her up and she heavily sobbed into his shoulder. Her hands clenched onto his shirt as if she was scared of loosing more people she cared for as he caressed her luscious locks of brown hair in hopes to console the distressed girl. However, there was no way of cheering up Camila; only by achieving her Lauren yet that was not possible. So this is what it felt like? Her life without Lauren... it felt so empty. It had been less than twenty for hours and the pain had already began using its talent of making Camila feel utterly helpless and completely depressed. Was her father right? Would love ever find away to reunite them? She didn't think so. That was it for them. Camila will go to college and continue with her life whilst Lauren stays in this terrible town and continue her life here. Here where she isn't.