Chapter 36

It was the last week of high school.

Camila had been stressed for her finals but was hopeful she passed them since, despite everything that has happened, she had studied a lot for them. She hadn't seen Lauren in a while, the only time she did see her was catching a glimpse of the emerald eyed girl when she entered or exited Ally's house. Although, she hadn't been seeing her around Ally's in too long. She shouldn't even think about Lauren, she was over her. At the moment, she was at the dress shop (which she had been at for the past two hours) and was trying to decide a dress for prom. Lapping the rack of glorious outfits, Camila flickered through millions of dresses until she eventually stumbled on one that caught her attention. She held the dress to her body, scanning it in the mirror with brown orbs before taking it into the changing room. Within minutes, she tip toed from behind the curtain to where Dinah and Normani where sat with their purchased dresses. Their mouths gaped open so wide that their jaws nearly dropped to the floor. Camila couldn't hide her shy smile and, in this dress, she felt beautiful. Her crimson dress wrapped around her body without straps and a long slit from her thigh to her lower leg. She spun around causing the bottom of the one-piece garment to flare out slightly.

"Ariana is going to orgasm from the sight of you." Dinah complimented loudly, causing Normani to slap her arm for the obscene language in such a posh shop.

"What she really means, Mila, is that you look stunning." Normani grinned happily, scanning over Camila's dress that was flawless.

"You guys are sweet." Camila replied, swirling one more time in the mirror. "I guess this is the one, so let's go eat."

After buying the dress, the three girls ventured off to a coffee shop nearby where they continued to stuff their faces with muffins and chocolate treats. Normani and Dinah began asking about Camila's relationship Ariana and what she was going to wear to match to Camila's new dress. Also, if they were going arrive cart and horse or a limo; Camila simply scoffed at the question because she didn't want to go overboard. Suddenly, Camila's face dropped and she scrambled for the menu which she started to hide behind. Dinah and Normani shot perplexed looks at Camila, then at each other before turning their heads to the door. Their eyes landed on Lauren who strutted in with her leather jacket and uncodable expression.

"Why are you hiding from Lauren?" Normani asked Camila who was still blocking her face with the menu.

"Put the menu down." Dinah teased, tugging on the plastic sheet as Camila slowly pulled it down.

Over by the counter, Lauren waited in a long queue and, unfortunately for Camila, she was right next to it. If Lauren wasn't too busy scanning over all the delicious treats, she would have instantly spotted the brunette. Now Lauren was done deciding her food and, once she straightened up, she glanced over at Camila. Her jaw gaped open slightly and her piercing eyes widened. She hadn't seen Camila this close in ages. Camila just stared back, until Lauren flashed a small and beautiful smile, then diverted her eyes somewhere else. Her heart began to flutter from that simple smile, but that was wrong because she had a girlfriend and was over Lauren; or trying too. For the next five minutes, Lauren had ordered her coffee and Camila couldn't help but notice that she was... flirting with one of the waitresses. Lauren was back too herself, confident and flirty only with a girl which was surprising. Although Camila was glad she could be open, she just wanted to be that waitresses. Wait, no she didn't, she had a girlfriend. She was in a happy relationship; most of the time. Her and Ariana had their clashes but didn't every couple? Lauren was now exiting the coffee shop and Camila watched her helpless. Randomly, the waitress delivered another cup of coffee and when Camila explained she was mistaken, the waitress pointed over to the door where Lauren was walking away from. So she accepted the hot beverage and once she took a proper look at it; the drink had a foam heart floating at the surface. Even if it was cheesy, Camila couldn't suppress her grin creeping onto her lips.

•••

Tonight was the big night. A night she'll remember forever. Ariana linked her arm, flashing her a comforting smile as they both shuffled through the entrance of their high school doors. Dinah and Normani followed behind with their boyfriends holding their hands too. The three pairs all came to prom together and Camila had finally met the guys Normani and Dinah always chatted about. Since they were in a different school than Camila, she was unable to make their acquaintance until now. The six of them strolled into the hall which was decorated magnificently to impress the high school leavers. Hanging from above the stage, tinsel dazzled beautifully over the DJs head as more different coloured tinsel snaked around the edge of the platform. Surrounding all the walls were small tables covered with a silk porcelain cloth and piled with rocks that drowned the balloons to mid air. The group halted in the middle of the dance floor and began greeting other members of the crowd that they recognised from classes.

Suddenly, Camila spotted a photo booth in the corner of the packed room and instantly demanded the group to go in it. Once squeezing into the thin rectangular box, Camila and Ariana crouched down in front whilst Dinah sat on her partner's lap, Jack, as she scuffed his blonde short hair teasingly. Normani seated herself next to Jack whilst her boyfriend, Ben, stood awkwardly in the curtain unable to fit in. As soon as the countdown began Ben leaned in, wrapped his arm around Normani and posed just about getting into the photo. The first picture was a nice causal one with smiles, the other was with stupid faces, then a romantic one that required lots of kissing and finally another with happy grins.

With loud laughs, the group stumbled out of the photo booth and waited for a few minutes for the picture to develop. The gang swiped the column of photos and handed them out to one another whilst sniggering at the silly pictures and smiling in awe at the romantic ones. Once tucking the pictures away, the group hit the dance floor and flaunted off their ridiculous moves, causing one another to burst into fits of giggles. Camila felt Ariana snake her arm around her waist and pulled her closer as Ariana began shaking her hips seductively. The brunette blushed shyly not knowing how to react to her girlfriend's seductiveness. They all laughed at each other's terrible dancing and Camila decided to take a break from this embarrassment.

Excusing herself, she shuffled between cracks of people and wiggled away around awful dancing until she reached the quiet part of the room; the buffet. She gazed over the food yet dismissed any of it for human consumption. She rolled her eyes at the fact how cheap her school was; they could have got decent food not the cafeteria type. Swiftly, she picked up one of stacked red cups then headed over to the punch bowl.

Her mouth gaped open once she glanced over to the punch bowl and dropped her cup in sheer shock; it was Lauren.

Author's note
Okay so this is just a filler chapter because yeah but vlike 4 chapters and I think this story will be over ;((( prepare yourself! Don't worry because I'll be posting more camren fan fics soon so don't forget to follow me @artwxrks