Chapter 22

The three teenagers walked home together, since it was getting late and it would be dangerous to walk alone at night. They were coming to the corner of Bradley's street as they stopped once reaching it and Camila stood a metre or more away, giving them their privacy.

"I enjoyed tonight." Bradley smiled. "Could you met me tomorrow, around noon at the old park, I have something important to tell you."

"Yeah, I'll be there, goodnight." Lauren flashed a fake smile as Bradley waved goodbye and Camila strolled back over once he had left.

Lauren stared at Camila with a worried expression as Camila furrowed her eyebrows at the taller girl. Lauren was frozen on the spot as Camila rubbed her arm comfortingly and stepped closer to her.

"I think he's going to ask me out..." Lauren finally spoke as Camila expression turned into jealous and anger and she clenched her fists together angrily.

"You're going to say no, right?" Camila reassured as she stared into Lauren's eyes, but Lauren just kept her gaze at the ground.

"I think so." Lauren muttered as she fiddled with her fingers and Lauren started walking down the street.

Camila took to her heels as she strolled down the pavement, next to Lauren and shot her a quizzed look.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Camila questioned as she glared at the taller girl, but she kept her head lowered.

"It means I might say yes, I told you my mothe--"

"Stop it." Camila said firmly. "You're making up excuses."

"I'm not." Lauren sighed as Camila turned the corner of street and Lauren watched her storm off down the sidewalk. "Where are you going?"

"Home."

"You live this way." Lauren pointed down a different road as she watched the smaller girl grow further away from her.

"I want to be alone."

Lauren sighed heavily as Camila disappeared down the road and Lauren continued her route home. Clearly, Camila was upset and mad at Lauren, but she didn't understand the fear that trembled through Lauren's body at the thought of her parents finding out. Lauren was also happy that Bradley didn't ask any questions about the lipstick scenario, but Lauren couldn't believe how oblivious he was to it all. Her and Camila weren't doing a good job of hiding their relationships, first Camila's little sister, then Ally and now almost Bradley. If he found out about her and Camila it would be the end game. Lauren was positive that he would snitch on them to her mother. Although, Lauren was sure her mother wouldn't believe something like that unless she seen it with her own eyes.

***

Lauren typed another message to Camila, which she obviously didn't reply to. It was the 28th or 29th message Lauren had sent apologising, however she was too nervous to ring her. Lauren put on her boots as she placed on her signature leather jacket and popped on some sunglasses, since it was a hot day. Lauren exited the house, after a small conversation with her parents about the party last night. Lauren strutted down the pavement, making her way to the park that Bradley arranged to meet her at.

After 5 minutes of walking, Lauren arrived at the run down park as she seen Bradley sitting on the bench with his guitar. Lauren shuffled over to Bradley as he stood up and shook Lauren's hand. She laughed and furrowed her eyebrows, confused why Bradley had shook her hand.

"So, I wrote you a song." Bradley announced as Lauren smiled, sitting down at the bench.

Bradley clutched his guitar and dangled the instrument off his shoulder as he coughed slightly, preparing his voice.