Chapter 37

Pouring vodka from her flask, Lauren smirked whilst infecting the fruity bowl of innocent juice with her alcohol. Ally had distracted the teacher who was suppose to be watching the table of beverages but Ally was a good actress. Even though she didn't attend this stupid high school anymore, each student were allowed to bring one guest and, of course, Ally wouldn't even consider inviting anyone else. Lauren was going to strike her revenge tonight. First off by spiking the punch.

"Classy." A voice spoke as Lauren lifted her head and saw Camila stood on the other side of the bowl of polluted punch. "I should have known you'd do something like this."

Lauren's jaw fell open whilst gazing over Camila's figure. Her eyes turned to hearts and her chest began to feel fuzzy. Lauren thought she was absolutely beautiful; specially the red dress she had on made Lauren's knees weak. Lauren shook her head, regaining herself from the trance she had on the brunette and tucked the flask back into her pocket with a proud smirk over her face.

"Here, have some." Lauren grinned teasingly, taking the cup from Camila's hand, dipping it into the liquid and scoping the beverage out.

"Thanks." Camila replied whilst the raven haired girl returned the drink back. "Lauren... about the night you came to mine, I just want to say-"

"It's fine." Lauren interrupted, making her own drink. "Let's not talk about it, yeah? You've moved on and have a girlfriend." She explained as she gestured over to Ariana, who was chatting away to a blonde girl friendlily, with a nod to her head. "And I've moved on too and have no more horrid parents or useless school, right?"

"Right." Camila repeated back to Lauren with sad sunken eyes. "What about the drink you bought me in the coffee shop the other day?"

"A simple gesture." The green eyed girl responded, then gulping down a few mouthfuls of the punch. "The drink strong enough?"

"Definitely." Camila answered after sipping the liquid then scrunching her face up from the foul taste. "You know, this is really nostalgic." The brunette began. "The green mysterious eyes, the smokes in your leather jacket pocket, the flask attached to your lips and..." Camila paused, reaching over and taking the small wooden black cross, hanging from Lauren's necklace, into her delicate fingertips. "This cross around your neck."

Like a deer in headlights, Lauren gazed at Camila and the closeness between them made Lauren blush profusely. Memories flooded back within seconds and Lauren felt the missing feeling deep inside her for Camila. She missed her so much that it physically made her heart hurt, but she wouldn't admit that. Not when Camila was happily over their past relationship and was dating another girl; the girl Lauren didn't like. Camila flashed a small smile, retracing her hand back and using it to tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Have a good night, pie face." Lauren said finally, before she took off into the crowd.

Camila stood still for a brief moment, processing what had just happened. She was glad Lauren was supposedly happy, even if it was without her. She felt her eyes beginning to tear up, why did she feel sad? Why did that encounter feel like a goodbye? A goodbye Camila didn't want to happen. Taking a deep inhale, she suppressed any tears threatening to pour out and took two drinks back to her group of friends. Whilst walking to her squad, she noticed Ariana whispering into the same girl's ear seductively and seeming to look too friendly with this girl; a friendliness Camila didn't like. She placed her cups down at a table and strutted over to her girlfriend, snatching her hand spontaneously. Camila dragged her away from the blonde girl and into the heart of the dance floor as she shook her hips alluringly, catching Ariana's full attention.