Chapter 26

"It's been a whole week, Ally." Camila sighed as she glared at her from the opposite side of the table, clenching her hands together stressfully. "Where is she?"

"I think she's been sick... I haven't seen her, I swear!" Ally said defensively as she held her hands up, pretending to surrender and Camila just shook her head in disbelief.

"She's been in because I checked the registers." Camila replied, keeping a straight expression as Ally's mouth dropped open and averted her eyes somewhere else. "Just... why is she avoiding me?" Camila's tone weakened and Ally could hear the hurt in her voice.

"I don't know... maybe... it's because of her jacked up face." Ally thought for a second and started to chuckle to herself remembering Lauren's beaten up face.

"Wait what?" Camila gasped as her eyes shot open wider and glared at Ally for a further explanation.

"Shit." Ally mumbled. "I've got to go, Camila, see you later." Ally quickly said as she grabbed her bag and stormed off from the table.

Camila sighed, not having the effort to run after her and just watched her speed walk into the school building.

***

Lauren slummed back in her chair and folded her arms over, staring out of the window with a blank expression. The teachers voice droned on about maths and random equations, that Lauren couldn't care less about. She was too occupied about Camila and her parents. For the past week her parents had started becoming more friendly with her. At first they'd just ignore her and completely neglect her, but now they were talking to her and inviting her back to church. Her parents had decided to forget about it and pretend it was just a mistake.

However, her father didn't apologise for hitting nor did he regret it. Lauren didn't want to say anything in fear of causing another outburst. She just wanted everything to go back to normal. Where Lauren would go to church and make her parents happy, but then go sneak off with Camila and her parents would never know.

"Psst... Lauren." Ally whispered from her table, which was placed besides Lauren and the taller girl shook herself out of her thoughts as she drew her attention towards Ally. "Camila was on my case today about you again."

Lauren shrugged as she averted her eyes to the teacher, who turned his back to write on the whiteboard.

"She knows your avoiding her, she checked the registers and she's really upset." Ally explained briefly as Lauren just looked at her desk, not wanting to talk about this topic any longer. "Stop being a fucking pussy and see her."

"I can't, you don't understa--"

"I would if you'd just tell me what happened between you both." Ally huffed loudly, folding her arms over and rolling her eyes, she knew Lauren was one to keep secrets from her and she hated it. "After school I'm taking you to see her, I think she has English last."

"I really can't, I'm going to the library to study." Lauren said genuinely as Ally squinted her eyes suspiciously, she could tell Lauren was being truthfully.

Ally muttered curse words under her breath as Lauren smiled playfully, diverting her eyes from Ally to the clear window. Ally grinned to herself, pulling out her phone and discretely typing a message under the table.

Meanwhile, Camila could fall asleep right now, that's how boring her science lesson was. She felt her phone vibrate and looked down at her notifications as her mouth dropped open.