Chapter 31

Camila stumbled out of the bedroom with Ariana following behind her as both of them fixed their messy hair and ruffed up shirts. She felt Ariana kiss her cheek and guide her back downstairs into the main room where all their friends were gathered. They all flashed cheeky grins at them as the pair sat together, smirking at each other. Camila scoped the area with her coffee coloured eyes and noticed Lauren was missing, but she tried not to think about her. She didn't deserve her time or thoughts.

After a few drinks and conversing with different people, Camila took a breather by standing outside. She noticed it was very empty, only a small group of people smoking who decided to go in within a couple of minutes. Camila wandered around the garden and saw a side alley around the side of the house, which led to the back garden door. When she glanced down the narrow alley, she saw Lauren sat on the floor with her legs tucked into her chest and rocking back and forth. The girl looked like she was having a breakdown. Her face was painted with a worrying expression as she panted heavily, showing the green eyed girl was in a utter panic.

"Lauren?" Camila whispered when she absentmindedly began stepping towards the panicked girl. "Are you alright?"

Camila crouched down next to the girl as her body shook viciously and beads of sweat collected above her eyebrows. Lauren's piercing green were the size of the moon as her jaw twitched slightly and she didn't look normal.

"What's happened?" Camila asked as she stared at Lauren with concern, but the taller girl just glared at the ground whilst nuzzling her chin into her knees.

"I-I-I to-to-too-took som-some-something." Lauren replied vaguely.

"Took what?"

"A pill." Lauren gulped nervously. "It's sca-sca-scary, I don't like it... I wa-want it to go, I th-th-thought wou-would go aw-aw-away by now."

"A pill?! Like drugs?" Camila gasped as Lauren slowly nodded, feeling a wave of sickness wash over her. "What pill, Lauren?"

"Urh... I don-don't kn-kn-know, I th-think it beg-beg-began with a... with an 'E'." Lauren paused for a second as she scanned her large eyes around the alley. "I th-think it wa-was ecstasy."

"Oh Lauren." Camila sighed heavily, rubbing the side of her temples. "Let me take you upstairs."

"No, no, no, no." Lauren repeated as she shook her head slightly. "I don't wa-want Bradley or any-anyone see-seeing me like this."

Camila tightened her jaw at the sound of Bradley's name and tried containing the jealously. She didn't know why she was even bothering to help Lauren, but she knew she couldn't leave her like this, not all drugged and panicked.

"What should I do? Fuck sake, why did you even take a stupid pill?" Camila yelled, beginning to be frustrated with the taller girl even though she shouldn't have.

"I wanted to forget your name, but the only thing I forgot was mine."

"Lauren..."

"And then I saw you with her and I was filled with rage."

Camila just stared at the side of Lauren's face as the green eyed girl stared at the floor and a single tear trickled down her cheek. Camila frowned and wiped it away with her sleeve.

"I'm so thir-thirsty, will you get me a drink?" Lauren asked politely with a fragile tone.

"I will if you come inside." Camila offered as Lauren huffed and closed her eyes slightly.

"Alright."

Camila helped Lauren to her feet as they stumbled into the kitchen. Not wanting to be seen together, Lauren went up to the bedroom first, whilst still feeling herself trip on the drug. Camila soon arrived to the bedroom a few minutes later with a bottle of water for the green eyed girl. Lauren thanked her and began downing a lot of the water. Camila googled effects of ecstasy and soon yanked the water from Lauren's mouth.