Chapter 15~ Deathclaw Base

"so that's how you thank me, you savior" the figure asked

I growl again, I mean who knows if saving us was with good intentions or bad.

"aww, I wonder, I wonder" the figure repeats.

"y..y..you wonder w..w..what" Chloe says scaredy. I growl at the figure again.

" I wonder how you would react if you knew who I am" the figure moves forward a bit, still in the shadows.

I growl and we stare at each other for a moment.

The sun goes down and the moon comes up.

I growl as the figure steps forward again. Still in the shadows, not in the light of the Yellow full moon.

"oh quite growling at me uni, I can do that to you know" the figure growls and crouches down and i see a shadow of a tail sway and i see some ears twitched.

"who are you and how do you know my name!?" I growl a the figure, I do not what it to get to me or Chloe.

The figure laughs. In one split moment the figure jumps out of the shadows and pouches at me. Pulling me up as we tumble and roll along the ground.

Once we stop rolling I stand on the figures chest and bares my teeth.

"Uni, is that how you greet a friend?"

My vision stops being red and I can see who the figure is...

"Kitty!!" I say and I jump off her chest, "I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you" I walk over to Chloe who seems to be calming down.

" It's ok, you didn't do any damage. If anything I did more damage to myself than you" she laughs and she stands up.

"true" I agree with her.

" Uni... " I heard Chloe say, "can we set up camp please" she sounds tired. To be honest, I'm starting to feel the sleepless night catching up to me.

"I have a place to camp, follow me" Kitty says and she carefully picks up chloe.

I nod, "I hope this place isn't like last time, i.e. an entrance to a bounty hunter's camp"

She just laughs and starts walking towards the mountains,"nope, if anything, it's a deathclaw base"

" Kitty, stop please, you know that deathclaws scare me, even when, i think, storm? Had one" I shiver. The night's are cold, and the days are hot and tonight, I think it's going to be the coldest yet so far, coming up to winter tho so the night should be getting colder.

" well, this one is abandoned, I spent last night there so it should be alright" she says and we reach the bottom of a mountain trail.

" wanna go first kitty since you know the way" I say to her as I move myself more behind her, she laughs quietly and starts walking up the train. I follow her closely, watching and listening to every sight and sound.

"Uni, stop being paranoid, there are no hostile deathclaws here..." she says as we walk into a cave. She puts Chloe against a wall and walks over to a pile of sticks in the middle of the cave.

The cave is small, about 3 meters from all sides to the other side. And the roof was about 2 1/2 meters up, kitty can still stand up in this cave, no wonder it was abandoned by the deathclaws.

Kitty lights a fire and I see Chloe slowly crawls closer to it. I walk over to her and she looks up at me and smiles.

" free, we are free uni" she says, she lays there staring at the fire. I lay next to her and she curls up to me.

" Uni, are we going to get back to the group?" she asks me.

"I don't know, hopefully: I say and I look at kitty.

"Hey, don't look at me like that, I don't know where they are" she says, as she leans against a wall closest to the fire.

I nod and rests my head on chloe's body and close my eyes, listening to the sound of the fire, the sound of breathing. I feel her chest move up and down. I wish that, that this moment will last but I know that, that times like now are rare, so I guess I just have to savor it up now and remember it forever

-739