Chapter 16 ~ Early pups

Chloe's Pov

I wake up to the sound of breathing in my ear, I shake whoever it it off me and I hear a thud. I look over at whoever it is and I see uni. I slowly stand up and stretch. My neck is a bit stiff but other than that, I'm fine.

I walk over to the entrance of the cave and I watch the mist rise up from the ground and disappear into the sky. The coldish air warms up and I soak my fur to get rid of any dew. Of dew stays on my fur during the day, it burns my fur. I hear a soft whimper and I turn my head to see uni looking around frantically.

"Uni, what are you looking for?" I ask him and he looks at me a sighs*

"you, I was looking for you" he says as he shakes his fur. He walks over to me and licks the side of my face. I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Beautiful morning isn't it" I say to him

"not as beautiful as you" he replied. I blush a bit, uni can be romantic but sometimes he sucks at it.

" uni..." i start to say but he cuts me off

"Chloe, i want to take you away from all of this... i know it's stressing you out and... when the pups are born, i don't want them in danger" he says, he looks at me. I'm speechless, I didn't know he felt like that... yeah I'm stressed about all this but...

"Uni... dear... on our own, we would be exposed, more danger will come to us" I say, I try to reason with him but he won't have it.

"Chloe, I can and will protect you, no danger will come our way, please just trust me"

"Uni I do trust you but..."

"but what..."

"I..." tears fill my eyes,"uni, I do trust you but, but this idea isn't going to work..."

"Chloe... it's going to work, we will still be in the group we will just be on our own too"

"No it won't, being on our own, and being in a group, I two completely different things!" I shout at him, I suddenly feel pain in my lower region and it forces me to sit Down.

"Chloe... look it would work" uni says, he is dead set on moving away from the group.

"Uni... " the pain in my voice gets him to look at me

"Chloe... I'm sorry are... are feeling ok" he says and he softly licks this Side of my face.

The pain comes again and I wince, uni runs over to where kitty is sleeping and shouts in her ear. Kitty slowly wakes up and looks at me,

"Chloe... " she starts to say but I can't hear the rest, my vision turns a soft back and I rest my head on the ground, I see uni run over to me, saying something... I see kitty looking very worried.

I black out

~~~~~~~~

"So... what was wrong with her?"

"stress, if, if she was any more stressed the pup would of came early"

"is that bad if they did?"

"yes, they would of been underdeveloped, we don't have the equipment or tools to of Kept them alive"

"oh... when will she wake up?"

"when her body has recovered I guess"

"ok... "

~~~~~~~~

I slowly open my eyes and I see kitty lighting a fire and uni curled up a couple of feet away. I slowly lift my head but I let out a whimper and put my head back down, a massive headache, not funny.

Uni looks up and me with a worried look.

"Chloe, I'm sorry, I didn't know that stress would injure the pups and that the argument almost made them come early and I'm just so so so so so sor..."

I cut him off

"it's alright... just a bit painful" I say to him

"Chloe that wasn't just a bit, you blacked out" he tells me

"still, it's alright"

"No it's not... I just thought that I'm capable of protecting you and the pups by myself, but i didnt... i didnt remember the times when i, I was scared and I didn't have anyone watching my back" he says, his voice is full of sadness and his ears droop, i smiles a bit. He smile back and walks over to me and licks my face.

"I love you Chloe, I don't want anyone or anything hurting you or our pups"

"Uni, I love you too"

He smiles brightly... I guess, I guess that even the most loyal relationship can have arguments...