Chapter 20 ~ Run, only stop for the deathclaw... wait what?

Now that you are all caught up, let's continue

Night is looming as we run through the street, being chased

"FUCKEN MAGGOTS, GET BACK HERE!!" the ghoul shouts at us as he runs after us with a couple of other ghouls that turned up as soon as we started running.

"Kitty!! Come on!" Sky shouts at me and i run faster catching up to them.

I run beside sky and max runs a few meters ahead if us. I glance behind me to see that ghoul still chasing us, but more ghouls have joined them.

"Shit, Max! What do we do?" I yell at him. He ignores me and makes a sharp turn to the right then to the left then another left and we run into the dead wood forest, he's trying to shake them off our trail, smart but I guess they are smarter.

I stop running and turn to see the ghoul and his ghouls standing at the forest line

"YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER, WE WILL FIND YOU!" the ghoul leader yells, he shakes his fist at us in furry. I just laugh, turn and run after max and sky who have slowed down. Uni moves in my arms and makes a whimper sound, i put him on the ground and i look up to see max and sky

"we need to keep going, there is a hideout not far from here" sky says as max takes out his gun and looks at our surroundings.

"we need to go back for chloe* I say, sky looks at me a bit confused.

"who?" he asks

"Chloe, uni's pregnant girlfriend" I say, emphasizing on the pregnant part. Sky sighs.

" Fine, where is she?"

"back there, in a cave on the mountains, the rim of the city"

He sighs and max looks at us

"well, if we have to, we can get there by midnight and sleep till morning" Max says

"yes we have to, i'm not leaving her there!" Uni yells from the ground. I look down at Uni, "oh, i see you have woken up" i say, smiling. Uni growls and looks at max then at me

"Why are you still following this guy?" Uni says to me

"Because they are going to help us get back to the group" i say and uni nods and looks around. I breath in the air, the air smells off, it smells like... like..

"DEATHCLAW" I yell and start running, uni runs after me and so does Max and sky, we hear a loud growl and the ground shakes. I turn to look at everyone behind me, sky and max are right behind me and uni runs in front of me. "COME ON, LET'S GO" i shout and i run after uni who is a few meters ahead of me.

I hear another loud growl that seems familiar and then the ground shakes when a loud crash echoed through the trees. i stop running and look behind me, the deathclaw that was chasing us is pinned to the ground by another deathclaw. Uni runs up to me.

"Kitty what are you doing?" he says, panicking.

"it's alright uni, look" i say and i point to the two deathclaws fighting. sky and max run up to us and looks at the deathclaws.

"what the fuck is happening?" Max asks he sounds amused at whats happening but worried at the same time. i shrug and watch the two deathclaws fight. 

the deathclaw that saved us kills the other then looks at us, blood dripping down its face. it walks over to us. Uni and I are frozen in place, to scared to move. sky and max carefully watch the deathclaws movements, ready to run if needed. the deathclaw roars and looks down at us. i flinch and uni whimpers. The death claw sits down in front of us and bears its neck, a sign of meaning no harm. i slowly smile and pats the deathclaws arm.

"Kitty, what the hell are you doing?!" Sky says as he watches me.

"don't worry Sky, it means no harm" i say, the deathclaw growls a bit and makes a noise. uni barks happily "Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!! Its bubba" uni says excitedly. i look at uni then at the deathclaw "it is?" i ask and the deathclaw nods.

Max and Sky look at us confused as fuck. "What the fuck is happening here" they say in ustion. i laugh "this is bubba, a pet of one of our group members, bubba growls and i shake my head "sorry, a companion of one of our group members" bubba nods in agreement.

Sky nods "well, anyway, if we are going to make it to the cave before morning we have to go now" i nod "lets go"