18. Our Past

a/n
Happy reading~

-Karma's POV-

"Thanks for the food." I get up from the chair in the dining room and walked to the white sofa. Then sit beside Aruma. She's staring at her cell phone screen with a look of confusion and she frowned. I tried to read her feelings from her expression. "What's with that face?" I asked her.

She glanced at me and said "Hm? Nothing." She quickly locked her cell phone and hid it in her green trousers pocket. She's like hiding something.

"Hiding something from me?"

"No." I'm used to her cold attitude and her face without expression.

Because I'm used to her cold attitude and her flat face, I no longer curious about her.

Let's flashback a little.

The first time she entered 3-E class and introduces herself in front of the class, I thought she was just an ordinary girl and because of her flat face, I think she is a boring girl. Not that I put her down, but I'm sure behind her coldness and flat face must be something that makes it more attractive from herself. After introducing herself, she attacked Koro-sensei with a wave of her hand holding the anti-korosensei knife and gun. Her arm movement is fast like the other do when attacked Koro-sensei but we always misses. While she did it at the same speed as us but she can hurt Koro-sensei easly. Hm? How can? Hard to believe. Could she just being lucky? Yeah, I guess. Since then, I wondered to myself about herself. The boys started to like her. Me? Of course I also like her, she is very attractive and beautiful. But eventually I got bored with her cold nature, it's hard to talk with a cold girl like her. Also the other boys. The boys only 'admire' her because her talent and the others.

Then the lesson begins. Koro-sensei explains the lesson in front of the class while writing on the blackboard. Between all of us, mostly just watching the board and focus on the lesson. Some are head looked up to see and remember each of the writing on the blackboard and then lowered his head to record in the workbook and so on like that. Once in a while I glanced at the new kid sitting next to me, seeing she did both, head straight ahead looking at the blackboard while her hand was writing in her notebook. She wrote what was on the board without looking into what she wrote. I was amazed by her 'talent', but then I thought that her writings mess because generally if someone writes without seeing what they wrote, the writings are not so neatly than usual. Right? But now, I sometimes borrowed her notebook and than saw her writings was really neat.

And then the class is over, the break came. She was bombarded by girls who are wondering about her. I was sitting next to her clearly hear everything. Kuronuma Aruma, a young assassin class S ranks eighth in Asia. She trained as an assassin in AMS. I didn't really know that school. That's all I heard. And so she's a cold girl. An assassin? It made me curious. I felt I just had a new rival in training. I want to challenge her at the training time.

Then the next lesson. She didn't like before in the first lesson, write without seeing what she wrote, she didn't did that. But she was acting strange. No one notice her. Her hands shook, her eyes blankly at the blackboard, her eyes slightly bulging and her face pale. Looks like she was unwell. Honestly, I wanted to help her. Koro-sensei finally see her daydreaming. Koro-sensei rebuked her by calling her name repeatedly until she responds. Already several times Koro-sensei called her, she finally responded with a shouts. She stood up from her seat, covered her ears with her hands, closed her eyes while shouting. Everything was surprised to see her behavior. Everything looked back at her, looked at her pale face. We asked her is she okay. She said she was fine.

Well, flashback end.

After that, there was no more conversation between the two of us. I was flipping TV channels with the remote. Aruma just looking at the screen of TV channel changing. Once in a while she pulled her cell phone from the pocket of her trousers, she was checking to see if there are incoming messages then ends with a sigh. I can't read what's wrong with her. Because of her flat face, like nothing happen, everything is fine. But her behavior makes me curious and 'Is she ok?'