Prologue

That constant noise of construction irked me as a kid. Who would want to build a house this far out in the country anyway? When my momma and daddy told me that we're getting new neighbors I didn't believe them at first. But then the bulldozers came. Trees disappeared, concrete was laid, a house was being built.

I didn't know much about building houses but I knew that it was a long process. I couldn't stand the noise. I was thankful for softball practice in the evening time. That seemed to be the time when the noise kicked up to its loudest. "Momma I have a migraine." I said.

She stopped chopping vegetables and looked at me. "Chelsea, you're only eleven. How do you know you have a migraine?" She asked. I shrugged. "I don't know actually. I just know that those noisy bulldozers and construction workers are really loud." I told her. She chuckled. "Ok, sweet pea, go get ready for softball." She said. I bolted out of the kitchen up the stairs to my room.

Our house was pretty big. I know I'm only eleven but I can describe it really good. Our house is a modern country style two story house. It sits on many acres of land and has a long dirt driveway. I love it here. Oh and I also have a calf that I'm raising along with a husky. The husky's name is Beau and my calf's name is Lily. She's a sweet calf.

I pulled on my softball pants and shirt. I put my sneakers on and placed my cleats inside of my bat bag. I ran downstairs to meet my momma. We hopped into her pickup and we drove into town.

Six years later
"Ugh, why did you have to move here of all places six years ago?!" I shouted at him. He just smirked like he always did. I rolled my eyes.

"Why? You must don't like me anymore or something? Because you say that every time. " He said. He says that every time.

"How can I still like you when you're always tormenting me in some way?" I asked. This boy would drive me up a wall someday. It all started with that stupid house that was built across the street six years ago. Yeah, they had their space. A long driveway with a house far back. But their son. Their son. This boy has gotten on my nerves since the first day he moved. I don't understand because their other boys don't do that. Just him. But it's always him.

"But you know what? That's ok. Once I graduate I'm leaving here. I'm getting out of here, away from you!" I yelled. His smirk fell.