Chapter 13

I loved the random moments we had. They brought me happiness. A feeling that I felt whenever I was around or thinking about Levi. I looked at our joined hands on the console and smiled. Levi and I were "taking an adventure". He decided that we should explore our city. He ended driving on the countryside somewhere, not that I was complaining. Three months into our relationship and things are doing good.

"Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand." I sang.

"I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
Never felt a feeling quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man." He sang back. I laughed because Levi couldn't sing. I'm not trying to be mean but the guy couldn't sing. He knew this but would bust his butt trying to. It was funny.

"I love it when you sing to me." I said to him with a huge smile. He laughed.

"You and I both know that I can't sing, babe." He said. I nodded. "True, but it's the thought that counts. I think it's sweet." I said. He smiled and kissed my knuckles. "You make me happy." He told me.

"I'm glad I do." I said. We were all smiles that whole day. Levi even bought me ice cream. When we got back to his place I hopped on his couch and turned the tv on. His buzzer sounded. "Babe, can you get that?!" He yelled from the kitchen. I got up and looked at the buzzer. I let them up. There was a blonde standing there. She looked like a model with striking grey eyes. "Hello." I said. She eyed me.

"Yes, where's Levi?" She asked.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"His fiancé. Where is he?" She asked. I eyed her. I took a deep breath. This girl said fiancé. Did I hear her right? "Wait right here." I said and closed the door. I quickly shuffled to the kitchen. My whole mood changed just that quick. "Levi." I said. He turned and looked at me.

"Tell me why there is a pretty girl at the door saying that she's your fiancé?" I asked. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You said pretty?" He asked with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"Levi don't play." I said. My arms were crossed by now and my weight was shifted to my left leg, making my hip jut out. "Let me go see." He said and put down the towel he had in his hands. I looked and saw that he was making a fruit bowl. I stole a grape and walked to the foyer. "Gwendolyn what the hell are you doing here?" I heard him say. I walked around the corner.

"That's all I get? I traveled across the country for you and you ask me why I'm here?" She asked. Levi crossed his arms. "What do you want?" He asked.

"I decided it was time for me to come be with my fiancé." She said. I scoffed and they both looked at me. Levi gave me a knowing look and Gwyneth, whatever her name was, gave me a hateful look. "You should really keep your help under control." She said. I rolled my eyes and fixed my mouth to say something but Levi stepped and placed an arm around my waist.

"She's not the help. She's my girlfriend." He said.

"I had no idea you had a mistress, Levi. Just pay her off and we can start over." She said a smile. I raised an eyebrow, What the hell? "Look, you have five seconds to tell me what you want, Gwendolyn." He said in a threatening tone.

"I figured that Beatrice would like to meet her father. It has been two years after all." She said with a sly smile. Beatrice would like to meet her what?! I took a deep breath and slowly stepped out of Levi's hold. I pulled him down so I could whisper in his ear. "I'll let you handle this." I whispered then shuffled to his bedroom.