Chapter 9

"Chels...Chelsea wake up." I heard someone as they shook my shoulder.

"Chelsea Jane." The person said.

"That voice sounds so familiar." I mumbled. They chuckled. "It's Levi, babe. Wake up." He said. I opened an eye and for sure it was Levi. I stretched and stood up to grab my stuff.

After grabbing my things and collecting my luggage I walked over to the car rental place. I noticed Levi following me. I stopped and turned around to meet him. "Any reason you're following me?" I asked.

"Well, when I was booking my flight, there was one thing I forgot to do." He said. I rolled my eyes. "You forgot to rent a car or set up a ride." I said. He nodded and looked away embarrassed. I groaned. Typical Levi. "I guess you can ride with me." I said. After all, we are going to the same place.

I rented the newest Camaro. It cost a pretty penny for a week. The desk attendant gave me my keys and I hurried towards the car. I opened the trunk and Levi placed our things inside. We got in and I started towards the Coliseum. "Rodeo today?" He asked. I nodded and pulled onto I-55.

I pulled up to the rodeo and hopped out. I gave the keys to Levi so I wouldn't lose them. Levi walked a little ahead of me. I studied what he had on. He was wearing a pair of jeans, his favorite boots, and a black button up shirt rolled to his elbows. In a way we matched. I must say, he was looking good. "Hey, I didn't notice your hat until now." I said as I walked up next to him.

He looked down to me and smiled. "Well I wouldn't come home without my Stetson." He said and I smiled. His cowboy hat fit him well. I had one but it was ruined at a rodeo a couple of years back. I was watching a bull ride when my hat flew off and was stomped on all over by the bull. The rider picked it up and took it with him. After the show, I went down to the pens to get it and when I got there, somebody's cattle had pooped all over it and it was getting chewed by a goat.

We walked up to the box and paid for some tickets. There were so many people here. Levi wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Don't wanting you getting lost, Chelsea Jane." He whispered in my ear making me shiver. I felt a tingly feeling with him this close but I ignored it. But Levi and I were friends, right? I'm not even sure if we were acquaintances at the moment. Was this even real?

The rodeo didn't start until another hour so we walked around a bit. Levi's arm was around me and we just walked through the vendor areas. I saw a hat company. They were making specialty hats. I looked over there and it made me miss my hat. I patted my head absentmindedly. Levi looked down to me and smiled. He pulled me to the table.

"One hat for this little lady right here." He told the man. The guy looked at me and placed a hat on my head. "This would be perfect." He said. He took the hat and started to crease it. I looked up to Levi surprised. He just put his finger to his lips and shushed me. I frowned. Well I'll pay for it, I thought. When the hat was finished, Levi handed the man a credit card.

Once again I looked up to him and he shushed me again. I frowned once again. The man placed the hat on my head. "There you are, sweetheart. I put designs in to match your boyfriend's hat." He said with a bright smile. I smiled at him.

"Thank you sir." I said. He just smiled at me. Levi grabbed my hand and pulled me along to look at some shirts and accessories. I stopped Levi. "Levi." I said. He looked at me. "Chelsea." He said in a mocking manner. I glared.

"How much was that hat? Why did you buy me this hat? I love it but I could've bought it." I said. He sighed. "I know, but I wanted to buy you a hat. Remember what happened to your old one?" He asked with a small laugh. I nodded. "Yeah but how can I repay you for the hat?" I asked. He thought for a minute.