Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning and there was no one beside me. "Huh, I guess it was a dream." I said.

"What was a dream?" Levi asked when he came out of the bathroom. I jumped. "Good gosh, Levi. You scared me."I said. He chuckled. I got up. "Wait, did you kiss me last night?" I asked.

"Yep and you kissed back." He said with a smirk and I slowly nodded. "That's what I thought." I said.

"Did we even talk?" I asked.

"Yeah, we did." He said a little gruffly. I nodded. I got ready for school and grabbed my uniform. Levi took it from my hands and carried it to the truck for me. My mom was in the kitchen early this morning. My dad was somewhere in the yard doing something. I smelled the sausage when I stepped into the kitchen. "Deer sausage?" I asked.

"Yeah, your dad just brought this from the smokehouse early this morning. He'll try to make it to the game this evening but he may be late because of some orders. Plus, Tony is coming to start today." She said. "I want you to ask Tony if he wants to come to my game." I said and she nodded.

Tony was a guy who was two years older than me. He works for my dad and someday, he'll be running one of the meat shops. My dad owned a meat shop and was slowly starting a franchise. There were five meat shops in the state right now and one was opening in another state. Levi came back into the house and kissed my mom's cheek. "Levi what did I tell you about kissing my wife?" My dad said as he came back in the house. We laughed. "I can't help it. She cooks great food." Levi said as he helped himself to some sausage.

After eating I gave Levi my keys and he started the drive to school. "Ready for your game?" He asked. I nodded. "It's unbelievable that today is my last game as a high school softball player." I said. He nodded. "It was fun but now we're playing for college teams, babe!" He said excitedly. Levi was gonna stay in the state and go to Mississippi State to play baseball. He had a scholarship. I also had a scholarship there and one to Florida. (University of Florida)

Next Thursday, I had to reveal and call one of the coaches to let them know who I was going to play for so I could go and start training. It was a hard decision. I like Levi but I'm not sure if I still want to stay. We pulled up to school and Levi ran to my side and lifted me out of the truck. "Levi! You must be excited or happy about something this morning?! It must've been that deer sausage." I said.

He chuckled. "Oh, Chelsea Jane, I'm just excited, baby. School is almost over and my girlfriend is with me." He said and placed his hands on my waist.

"Levi." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"When did you ask me to become your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Um, you know? That didn't come up." He said while scratching his chin. "Mmhm, yeah. I'm going to class." I said.

"Wait, can I kiss you before you go?" He asked. I put my finger on my chin and thought. I leaned in and kissed the corner of his lips then ran. I made it to class then sat at the back.

At lunch I was sitting with Joanna in the courtyard. I told her all that happened last night. "So you still haven't made your decision?" She asked. I nodded and leaned on the tree.

"What?! But you told him about your feelings and everything! The decision should be easy, Chelsea!" She yelled. I put my hand over her mouth. "You want everyone to hear about my situation, don't you?" I asked. She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, but still Chelsea. Is it not obvious?" She asked. I shrugged and looked as I saw Levi making his way to me. Joanna
bumped me. "Ooh, there's your man!" She squealed. I rolled my eyes.

He had my keys in his hands, jingling them around. He handed them to me. "Why are you giving them to me?" I asked.

"So I won't be tempted to leave school. I promise some people are just plain annoying." He said as he sat beside me. He placed his arm around me. "Who?" I asked.