Chapter 11

"Ok, so you're going on a date?" Raleigh asked. I nodded. "With Levi." Shana added. I nodded again. We were currently in my room trying to find me something to wear for my date tonight. Shana walked into my closet and dug around. "You have nothing in your closet!" She yelled from inside. I shrugged. "My stuff is in, San Fransisco. You know, where I live. That closet hasn't been filled since high school." I said.

"It's true. I came here one year to rummage through her closet and all I could find worth keeping was a blue tank top." Raleigh said. I rolled my eyes but it was true, I didn't have anything worth keeping. All my stuff was in my new apartment. I laid back and sighed. "Why am I putting so much effort into this anyway? It's just Levi." I complained.

Shana came out of my closet wearing a dress from years ago. "Because. This is most likely the last first date with Levi you'll have. I believe that this time you and him will be together." Shana said as she twirled around. I sat up.

"But still. Levi has seen me for most of his life. How is dressing up for a date different?" I asked. Raleigh sighed,"You have a reason to. You and Levi are no longer the bickering teens you once were. Time to step up your game and do things grown-up style." She said. I nodded but soon gasped. "I bought a dress today." I said. They shooed me out the room to go and get it. I came back and tried it on.

"Cute. Perfect for your date." Shana said. Raleigh nodded. "Yeah, you don't look too conservative and you don't look to slutty. Wear that dress with your boots." She said. I nodded and went to shower. After showering I pulled the dress on. The girls started on my hair and makeup. When they soon finished, I looked in the mirror. I looked good.

"Awe, you look cute." Shana said. I thanked her and Raleigh for their hard work. They went downstairs to see if Levi was there yet. I heard footsteps running back up the steps. They burst into the room. "Girl, he is down there and looking good." Raleigh said.

"Relationship goals. Y'all matching too." Shana said and I asked what he had on.

"Just wait and see." They said. I nodded and walked to the mirror. I took a deep breath. "Chelsea! Did you hear me?" Shana asked. I turned to look at her. She and Raleigh came to my side. "She asked if you were ok. You looked like you were gonna have a panic attack." Raleigh said. Just then the door flew open and the girl I hadn't seen in forever ran in. "Joanna!" I yelled.

"Hey, Chelsea!" She said before she jumped on me. I laughed at the impact. I hadn't seen Joanna ever since sophomore winter break in college. We were both busy girls. Joanna was in the same program as me until we had to both leave and work for a major league team. Now she's back. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, you know I've been team Levi and Chelsea since forever. Raleigh and Shana called me to tell me that y'all were going on a date. I just had to drive out here and see it for myself." She said and I laughed. "Yes, it's true. I'm pretty sure you saw Levi downstairs." I said. She nodded. "That man looks fine!" She yelled. We all burst into laughter. I looked at the clock and it almost seven.

"Ok, I would love to stay and laugh with y'all but if I don't go downstairs right now I'm pretty sure there won't be a date." I said. They all nodded. "Ok, girl go do your thang." Joanna said. I turned around as they all hopped on my bed. "And I expect y'all to be gone when I get back." I said. They laughed and shooed me off.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen. I was a little thirsty so I grabbed some water. While I was drinking it, I heard voices in the living room. It was my mom, dad, and Levi. I finished up my water and walked in there. They stopped talking and looked at me. "Hey." I said with a smile to them. "Hey, Chelsea. You look very pretty." My momma said. I smiled. My daddy complimented me too. Levi just stared. "Well, you coming or not?" I asked with a smirk. He hopped up making all of us laugh.