Chapter 10

I woke up to pots and pans clanging downstairs. I groaned. "My momma has no value of sleep." I mumbled. I tried to sit up but was restricted by Levi's heavy arm. I shoved him. "Wake up." I said. He groaned. "I'm sleeping." He said. I rolled my eyes. Typical Levi.

I got up and went to the bathroom to do my business. When I came out, Levi was sitting up. I heard scratching at my door and walked to let Beau in. He came and went straight to Levi. "Hey Beau." Levi said as the dog interacted with him. My mouth formed an 'O'. "Really, Beau? You choose Levi over me?" I asked the dog. He only barked and Levi chuckled. "Whatever." I said and grabbed some clothes to put on.

I got dressed in a pair of jeans, a t shirt, and my boots. I left my hair down. I walked downstairs and sat with my momma for coffee. "What's got you in a twisted mood?" She asked.

"My dog likes Levi better than his owner." I mumbled. She laughed. "Momma." I whined. She tried to contain her laughter but failed miserably. I rolled my eyes and sipped my coffee. Levi came downstairs with Beau not too far behind him. He kissed my momma's cheek and sat beside me. He grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles. My momma awed. We looked at her. "So I'm gonna guess. Levi and Chelsea want to give it another try." She said.

We nodded. She smiled. "It's gone stick this time. Believe me. Watch." She said with a huge smile as she left out of the kitchen. I looked at Levi who was already looking at me. "Whelp, I guess I gotta get going." I said. He jumped up with me and blocked the door. "Where you going?" He asked.

"To town, it's been a while since I've just been around town." I said truthfully. As soon as I graduated I went straight into work and hadn't been back to Mississippi since then. "I'm coming with you." Levi said and I shrugged. I grabbed the keys and walked to the car. I drove into town and cruised around town with the top down. People shouted out greetings to Levi and I. We waved and kept going. I finally found a park on Main Street. We got out and I went straight to the women's boutique. Levi followed.

I looked around and spotted the prettiest dress. It was the flowing type and stopped right above my knees. I tried it on and quickly purchased it. I grabbed Levi's hand and we left. He got the keys and drove by our old high school. We also drove by the fields. I smiled at the memories of this place. He pulled over and hopped out. Levi opened the trunk and pulled out a glove and ball along with his bat bag. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I always come prepared." He said with a wink. I laughed and follows him onto the field. He slipped the glove on and tossed the ball in the air. I took a seat in the dugout. I took a picture of him. It was a nice one. He stopped and looked at me. "You know I can't throw by myself, trainer." He said. I sighed and got up. He threw me a glove which I caught easily.

He threw the ball and I caught it. I got in my pitching stance and pitched the ball to him which he barely caught. "Woah, princess, this ain't softball." He said. I shrugged. "That's my game plus I hadn't pitched in a while. Considering that I'm always dealing with Major League Baseball players." I said with an eye roll. He chuckled and jogged to home plate. He squatted down.

"Well let's see if you still got it, Chelsea Jane." He said. I smirked and reached into his bag. I knew he still carried my old softball around with him. I took a deep breath and got in my stance. I breathed and launched the ball. I heard the familiar snap of the glove. "Whew, that one stung!" Levi yelled. I laughed. After two more pitches, some kids pulled up.

I saw it was my old high school's softball team. They went and sat in the dugout. I loaded again and pitched it to Levi. He threw it to me. I jumped and caught it making my shirt rise up a little. I glared at him and just laughed. "You know I ain't as tall as you. I'm tall but not as tall as you." I said and he only laughed more.